Video Preview Issue

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
benmandude

Video Preview Issue

Post by benmandude »

I'm having a perplexing issue I encountered while trying to get video previews working.
I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and XYplorer 20.90.0100.

I installed K-Lite Codec pack and the video controls showed up on the Preview panel. I can hear the audio but the video will not display. If I switch to the Raw View tab and back, there is an artifact of the Raw View where the video should be. The floating and fullscreen preview will only show a single still image and no audio.
Annotation 2020-04-23 161520.png
Annotation 2020-04-23 161520.png (19.53 KiB) Viewed 1617 times

I then tried using the "fresh;" mode to see if a clean slate would fix my issue and it mostly did. The preview tab and preview pane would display the video, however the floating preview and fullscreen preview still only show a still frame from the video and no audio. It was at least something, so with that in mind I moved my ".../APPDATA/Roaming/XYplorer" folder to get a fresh config going but the issue still persisted.

Then I noticed that after a while the "fresh;" command instance would stop showing the video also. Closing it and spawning a new one would not fix the issue either. BUT if I closed all instances of XYplorer, then deleted my ".../APPDATA/Roaming/XYplorer", opened XYplorer and then spawned a new "fresh;" instance then that one would display the video preview. I have done this 10+ times now and it keeps working.

I'm really at a loss to explain this behavior and welcome any advice on how to fix the issue. Please let me know if any more information is needed.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Video Preview Issue

Post by admin »

Weird. MP4 works fine here. Is it maybe only that one particular file?

benmandude

Post by benmandude »

I get the same behavior with AVI, MP4, MKV, WEBM; really just any video preview at all it would seem.

I have also reinstalled Windows 10 since my first post for an issue unrelated to this, but I'm still experiencing this issue. That most likely rules out any odd software/configuration causing the problem.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We will have to look at this again in the 64-bit version. All this codec stuff is deeply related to bitness.