saving a catalog with included catalogs seems to not work

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
autocart

saving a catalog with included catalogs seems to not work

Post by autocart »

the status bar seems to indicate that it saved, saying "settings saved: Catalog" but when I close and open the main catalog again, all the inclusions of other catalogs have not been saved as inclusions and thus are not dispayed after reopening the main catalog.

besides, how to save changes inside includes catalogs?

tx, s.

autocart

Re: saving a catalog with included catalogs seems to not work

Post by autocart »

Just wanted to update:

I found out that this is the (standard) behaviour in XY, although most extremely unintuitive for me. ok. have to live with it.

But news on bugs with the catalog nevertheless:
cute XY-ladybug Error 7.png
cute XY-ladybug Error 7.png (15.98 KiB) Viewed 630 times
It seems that this happend when I had first included 2 catalogs, then saved the main catalog, then removed the two included catalogs, then saved the main catalog, then saved the XY settings, then imported a catalog, then tried to import a second catalog.

Unfortunately I can only reproduce the error like 1 out of 4 times. Probably it is a super small tiny minor detail and I am not systematic enough in my testing-approach. If you, Don, want to investigate this further, then please let me know if I can help any further. Otherwise it just is an exeptional side-bug in a very unlikely rare chain of events, which does not prevent to use that feature after all (you just have to keep trying importing until it eventually works). Or maybe you, Don, know already what that ladybug 7 error means (it's cute, thought) and can solve it immediately.

Regards, S.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Puuh. Allow me to just leave this at it is for now.

If you find the steps to reproduce it let me know. Of course, these kind of bugs will also be fixed during the transition to 64-bit.

autocart

Post by autocart »

that's ok. it really is no big thing.
thanks for acknowledging.

... transition to 64-bit? ... must have missed something ... must search the forum quickly ... :kidding:

Found it! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21626 :D