save configuration as... customname.ini doesn't work?

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
alxdvc

save configuration as... customname.ini doesn't work?

Post by alxdvc »

I noticed that if save the configuration AS - and I give a different name rather than the one that would come as as default - XYplorer-DDMMYYY.ini , then it will not work:

for example, I am working on 2 different projects, with 2 different XYplorer tabs layout and I thought that I could save the project one .ini as say project1.ini and the other as project2.ini .... however this is not working. Different named .ini will always open up the latest saved settings.
However if I just do the " save settings" , then the .ini will be named as the date it was saved.

This is confusing, as I always have to remember which is the correct date of the .ini file that I need to recall if i want to open XYplorer for a given project.
Am I missing something here?

if it can be of any help, i've included 2 .ini :
- SRDL_XYplorer.ini named after an older project, this one didn't save the old xyplorer layout, from which I saved the ini from, but the latest I was working on

- XYplorer-06022020.ini this one saved as default on the 6th of Feb, and it did reflect the older project layout
Attachments
Archive 2.zip
(56.51 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: save configuration as... customname.ini doesn't work?

Post by admin »

You might try File | Settings Special | Save Copy of Configuration As...

But note that "Configuration" here refers only to the INI file, not to the complete settings.