Scripting Bugs

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
TheQwerty

Re: Scripting Bugs

Post by TheQwerty »

admin wrote:Can't really give a good reply now. The reporting code is quite complex and I did not look at it for more than a year. No idea how many users are using these functions but yours is the first complaint. From first impression I agree with you and wonder why it is as it is. But I would have to look very deep to make a good decision. No space for this in my schedule right now.
:cry: Not enough time to even add the optional "List" format definition for the date and size columns?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:
admin wrote:Can't really give a good reply now. The reporting code is quite complex and I did not look at it for more than a year. No idea how many users are using these functions but yours is the first complaint. From first impression I agree with you and wonder why it is as it is. But I would have to look very deep to make a good decision. No space for this in my schedule right now.
:cry: Not enough time to even add the optional "List" format definition for the date and size columns?
I could not resist and it looks like it was easier than I had thought. Check out next version. :)

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

admin wrote:I could not resist and it looks like it was easier than I had thought. Check out next version. :)
:D Yay! Fantastic! … :twisted: However, now another unsatisfying circumstance appears.

Report() follows the column format correctly but ignores the Show Age/Weekday settings - which I'm okay with.
But SelFilter() does obey those settings and only operates on the displayed values.

What I'm after is for either Report() to use those settings as well or for SelFilter() to operate on both display and actual values. (Personally the latter is preferred.)

My main goal here is to create a script which will focus the next/previous group in the list when sorting by non-unique values.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, I looked into it for 15 minutes, but it would take hours to do it. No time, this time for real.

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

How about making FormatDate support 'List' in the format so that it can convert a date time to the same format as the date columns display (obeying the age/weekday settings)?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:How about making FormatDate support 'List' in the format so that it can convert a date time to the same format as the date columns display (obeying the age/weekday settings)?
No chance, the list does not export these tricks.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

This is a scripting bug in as much as I can only reproduce it through scripting, but there may be another way that is unknown to me. Anyway, it's pretty simple to repro:

1. Create a dummy file
2. Attempt to rename it using this script:

Code: Select all

$a = <clipboard>;
  rename b, $a;
3. Kicker: make sure that whatever is the intended new name in the clipboard contains invalid characters.

First pops up Explorer's "The name you have specified is not valid or too long". Hit Cancel. Then XY's "Rename Failed" shows up. Click OK and XY will kick you out and change to the app that you switched from to XY.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

zer0 wrote:This is a scripting bug in as much as I can only reproduce it through scripting, but there may be another way that is unknown to me. Anyway, it's pretty simple to repro:

1. Create a dummy file
2. Attempt to rename it using this script:

$a = <clipboard>;
  rename b, $a;
3. Kicker: make sure that whatever is the intended new name in the clipboard contains invalid characters.

First pops up Explorer's "The name you have specified is not valid or too long". Hit Cancel. Then XY's "Rename Failed" shows up. Click OK and XY will kick you out and change to the app that you switched from to XY.
Confirmed under Win7 (not under XP). Another instance of the windows focus confusion in Win7... Anyway, I could work around it. Workaround comes.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

Cheers for working around it. Why does Explorer's failure notification window even show? Having it and XY's one after the other seems redundant, just one should be displayed.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

zer0 wrote:Cheers for working around it. Why does Explorer's failure notification window even show? Having it and XY's one after the other seems redundant, just one should be displayed.
True, but a bit tricky in this case. Hard to explain why...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:
zer0 wrote:Cheers for working around it. Why does Explorer's failure notification window even show? Having it and XY's one after the other seems redundant, just one should be displayed.
True, but a bit tricky in this case. Hard to explain why...
Well, I was able to improve it. :)

zer0

Post by zer0 »

moveto "\Test1 & Test2";
moveto "\Test3 & Test4";
gives
udc.png
udc.png (4.87 KiB) Viewed 2494 times
Underscores should not be there, but double ampersands result in "folder does not exist message" even if it does.
Windows 7/10

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

zer0 wrote:

moveto "\Test1 & Test2";
moveto "\Test3 & Test4";
gives
udc.png
Underscores should not be there, but double ampersands result in "folder does not exist message" even if it does.
Yo, fix comes.

zer0

Post by zer0 »

admin wrote:Yo, fix comes.
Hasn't trickled into the latest beta, it seems :?
Windows 7/10

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No? it is fixed in my version.