Jobs not completing

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
allen

Jobs not completing

Post by allen »

I've just re-installed XYplorer 20.70 after some years away from it. Something is not right but am not really sure how to troubleshoot. Any time I do file transfer jobs across tabs/panes candy stripe indicator for jobs starts going but the jobs never complete. There are no errors, no dialog, nothing. The candy stripe animates and continues indefinitely. When I open the Background Jobs window, the job has its initiated time and is just listed as Loading. It never progresses past there. I'm seeing this for jobs of any size even just small text files. Meanwhile I can perform the same jobs with no problem in Explorer and xplorer2.

The only thing I can think of is I have XY installed as a portable app in my OneDrive folder but it should be able to run from there, right?

nas8e9

Re: Jobs not completing

Post by nas8e9 »

Can you post a screenshot of Tools > Configuration > File Operations?

Separately, you have fully installed XYplorer in your OneDrive folder, including XYcopy.exe?

allen

Re: Jobs not completing

Post by allen »

I ran the installer, I did not explicitly install (or not install) copy.exe. Is that generally something one must take extra steps to do?

I'll try running it from OneDrive again and get back to you, this afternoon I got frustrated with it not being able to do anything and installed it to the program files directory. It works now... but I lost all my settings. Oops. Sigh.