Preview video on Nvidia video cards

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
highend

Re: Preview video on Nvidia video cards

Post by highend »

Use a script file ("some path\delete reg key.xys")
and this content

Code: Select all

$comspec = ("%osbitness%" == 64) ? "%windir%\System32\cmd.exe" : "%windir%\SysWOW64\cmd.exe";
    $command = <<<>>>
"$comspec" /c reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\huhu" /f
    >>>;
    run $command, , 0, 0;
Ofc you have to adapt the path inside the registry for the key...

and then start XY with

Code: Select all

XYplorer.exe /feed='::load "path where the script is\delete reg key.xys";'
And an "on exit" event doesn't exist...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I can tell you this: XY is not responsible for this registry entry.

zakoul

Post by zakoul »

Don, but why then does this entry appear in the registry when the video is displayed in the xyplorer? And when this entry exists in the registry, further video viewing is not possible.
If you delete this key in the registry and restart the xyplorer, then the video preview is available. Where does it come from there?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Don't know. XYplorer does not do anything like this actively. I guess DirectX does it in the background.

Many winters ago there was something called "Hardware Acceleration" in connection with DirectX video playing. You could enable/disable this somewhere in Windows settings. Maybe that's a trace for you to follow...

zakoul

Post by zakoul »

admin wrote: 02 Aug 2021 19:00 I guess DirectX does it in the background.
But why does he do it? Only on video cards GTX10xx?
admin wrote: 02 Aug 2021 19:00 Many winters ago there was something called "Hardware Acceleration" in connection with DirectX video playing. You could enable/disable this somewhere in Windows settings. Maybe that's a trace for you to follow...
But how do you disable this hardware acceleration?

Don, I want the best browser in the world to work on all systems and with any video card. Please solve this issue.
Only you, as a developer, can solve this issue.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm not sure. Up to now only one person has the problem you describe. And it's not me.

zakoul

Post by zakoul »

admin wrote: 02 Aug 2021 20:43 I'm not sure. Up to now only one person has the problem you describe. And it's not me.
But what about the problems of other users with gtx10xx video cards? There are many such topics on the forum, only there is no solution.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can't solve an issue I don't see. Well, sometimes I can. But not in this case. Sorry. And it might well be an issue of the codec, the driver, the card... who knows.

highend

Post by highend »

Many topics? I doubt that...

viewtopic.php?p=161268#p161268

Obviously NVIDIA changed something driver wise^^
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

zakoul

Post by zakoul »

Perhaps nvidia has changed something in its driver, but under certain conditions the video preview works.
Earlier, maybe I did not pay attention to the registry setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Direct3D\Shims\EnableOverlays
in which for some reason is the xyplorer.
If you remove xyplorer from this registry, then video preview works.
But when you remove it from this registry key, the preview works.
Is there really nothing to do to solve this problem?
Or is Don testing his beta only in virtual machines with virtual graphics cards?

Sorry for my English (google translate)

highend

Post by highend »

It's not a perhaps, it's a: they have.

Solve it by using
viewtopic.php?p=189763#p189763

or a button that clears that registry entry whenever needed.

If this would be a general problem with all NVIDA cards there would be a lot of reports regarding such an issue...

zakoul

Post by zakoul »

This is a problem with nvidia video cards of the 10xx series in windows 10 x64
And this problem is not mine alone.
Other users with the same graphics cards suffer the same problems.

highend

Post by highend »

viewtopic.php?p=161268#p161268

lists working driver versions...

zakoul

Post by zakoul »

I know about it. I used the old version of the video driver 139.35 for a long time to preview the video in the xyplorer.
But other software requires new drivers, with which video preview does not work in Xyplorer.
And after a while I decided to check the video preview in xyplorer again with new video drivers.
And it turned out that the video preview only works if there is no entry in the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Direct3D\Shims\EnableOverlays
Moreover, video preview does not work with LAV-codecs for 32-bit applications.
Through the Codec Tweak Tool, you need to prohibit the use of the LAV-codec for 32-bit applications, while leaving the LAV-splitter.

I currently have video driver version 471.41. And video preview in xyplorer works only if there is no entry in the registry.
In some topics on the forum about this problem, it was said that the video preview works in the second copy of the xyplorer. It also works if xyplorer is launched from a new location, because there is no registry entry.
Can't you solve this problem?
Last edited by zakoul on 02 Aug 2021 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

highend

Post by highend »

Moreover, video preview does not work with LAV-codecs for 32-bit applications.
Through the Codec Tweak Tool, you need to prohibit the use of the LAV-codec for 32-bit applications, while leaving the LAV-splitter.
I guess you mean LAV filters, not codecs and: Not here, I have 32- and 64-bit LAV filters installed and absolutely no problems with video preview in XY...