[SOLVED] New tab sometimes opens in the current tab

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
satisfyship

[SOLVED] New tab sometimes opens in the current tab

Post by satisfyship »

Hello,

I'm experiencing the following issue: sometimes (maybe 5-10% of the time), when trying to open a subfolder in a new tab, that subfolder is not opened in a new tab, but instead changes the location of the current tab.
This happens both when using the middle mouse button to open a subfolder, and when a tab is locked and I'm using double-click to open a new tab.

To better visualize what I mean, here's a gif showing the latter case:
4ef54e2b-2d1f-4445-b557-7b1fb00a9955.gif
4ef54e2b-2d1f-4445-b557-7b1fb00a9955.gif (57.61 KiB) Viewed 857 times
As you can see, the current folder "Downloads" (Z:\Downloads\) is locked. The first two times I'm double-clicking with the left mouse button, the "Test Folder" opens in in a new tab as it's supposed to (then I'm closing the tab). The third time, however, it fails and changes the locked tab's location from to Z:\Downloads\Test Folder\.

I'm currently running version 20.60.0200, but this has been happening ever since I started using XYplorer.
Here are my Tab settings in case it's relevant: https://pictshare.net/n10118.png.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
Last edited by satisfyship on 07 Dec 2019 16:04, edited 2 times in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: New tab sometimes opens in the current tab

Post by admin »

"Downloads" is the only tab in that pane, and it's not defined as "default tab" (via right-clicking the tab header)?

satisfyship

Post by satisfyship »

Hi,

yeah, in this example it's the only tab in the pane. I also experienced this issue with multiple tabs open.
And it's not defined as the default tab.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I tried hard (with my settings and with your settings) but could not reproduce it. :|

satisfyship

Post by satisfyship »

It seems I have solved this issue by doing something I probably should have done earlier.

At first, I've run my usual, registered XYplorer with a fresh configuration ("fresh;"), but the problem remained.
Then I tried a completely new installation of XYplorer, that is the trial version without registration and suddenly I wasn't able to reproduce the problem.
So I imported all my previous configurations except for the registration part in the XYplorer.ini, so it remained the trial version, and the problem still didn't re-appear.
Only when adding the registration info the problem occurred again.

I don't know how or why the registration details caused this, but I just registered again ("Update Registration Details...") and the problem seems to be gone for good now. Maybe I corrupted something in the past when backing up and restoring settings or something.

Anyway, thanks for your help and this great piece of software. :thumbsup: