"New Item Submenu" (#240) is not popping-up over the user button (it appears over the tree/catalog instead)

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
cadu

"New Item Submenu" (#240) is not popping-up over the user button (it appears over the tree/catalog instead)

Post by cadu »

Hi,

I'm addressing this issue as a bug because in the pasta I posted similar issue with the "Tab History (#345)" pop-up, and it was fixed:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20432

The current case with "New Item Submenu" (#240) is that it not pops-up over the user button, instead it follows the position of the tree/catalog instead, as shown in the screencast (http://bit.ly/373iEP4).

Could you please make "New Item Submenu" (#240) pops-up over the button, or at least over the active pane when the user button is clicked, even when the tree/catalog is ON?

Thank you!
Carlos

admin
Site Admin

Re: "New Item Submenu" (#240) is not popping-up over the user button (it appears over the tree/catalog instead)

Post by admin »

Ok, fixed in next version.

cadu

Re: "New Item Submenu" (#240) is not popping-up over the user button (it appears over the tree/catalog instead)

Post by cadu »

Hi,

Could you please consider a further improment regarding "New Item Submenu" (#240) pop-up?

=> I'm using XYplorer v20.60.0300. When I trigger a custom shortcut for "New Item Submenu", it pops-up on tree/catalog, same way the custom button did before your fixing/improment.

a) Would it be possible that the "New Item Submenu" pops-up on the mouse cursor position instead? By popping-up on the mouse cursor position I could select very fastly a new item.

b) An alternative possibility would be that the "New Item Submenu" pops-up on the active pane, which also would allow selectin faster a new item since your focus is already on the active pane.

Either (a) or (b) solution would improve a lot the worflow for selection from the "New Item Submenu" .

Thank you very much,
Carlos

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, saw it. There is a new feature stop while the transition to 64-bit is going on.