Different Context Menu After DragDrop

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
VeeGee

Different Context Menu After DragDrop

Post by VeeGee »

Good morning,
Windows 10 x64 (1903) / XY 20.40.0009.
The context menu when right-clicking a file is not correct after drag/dropping an item from a ZIP to another pane or tab in XY.

For example,
1. If I right-click a file, I get the normal context menu as shown here :
Image-033.png
Image-033.png (15.89 KiB) Viewed 728 times
2. Next, I double-click the file which opens the ZIP in another window. I select anything inside the ZIP and drag/drop it to another tab in XY :
Image-034.png
Image-034.png (4.64 KiB) Viewed 728 times
3. If I right-click the original file after the drag/drop, a different context menu is displayed :
Image-035.png
Image-035.png (13.16 KiB) Viewed 728 times
4. If I click off the file and right-click it again, the correct context menu is displayed.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Different Context Menu After DragDrop

Post by admin »

Hmm, that wrong menu is the tab header context menu. Looks like the mouse is caught by a tab header somehow and not released anymore. I cannot reproduce it though. Please check at which point in time the mouse is over a tab header.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Good morning. Thank you for looking into this. Here are my steps to reproduce this each time. This is a process that I have done for years and have only experienced this issue recently.

Dual monitors, XY in main with dual panes, each with many locked tabs. At this point, right-clicking any file in XY shows the correct context menu. In XY, double-click a ZIP file and 7-Zip opens in the secondary monitor. In 7-Zip, select any file or folder
within the ZIP file, drag it back to XY and drop it directly on any tab header (in either pane). The file/folders are copied/extracted as expected.

Now, in XY, immediately right-click any file in any pane and the tab header context menu is displayed. Clicking off of it and right-clicking the file again will display the correct file context menu.

If I drag/drop the file/folder to the folder pane (not the tab header), the context menu is correct when the file is right-clicked. It only is an issue when dropped directly on the tab header.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, I could reproduce it. I don't think this is a new bug though. Anyway, should be fixed in next beta.