'Share' in context menu...

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Qtweeder

'Share' in context menu...

Post by Qtweeder »

hi, just spotted something which isn't working as i think it should, upon right clicking on any file which brings up context menu, one of those options is called 'share' it has like a little curled arrow symbol on my windows 10, it's present both in xyplorer and explorer.exe, when used in xyplorer after clicking on share, nothing happens. but in explorer.exe it then correctly brings up a list of apps or contacts to send the file or photo to etc, but cannot get any response in xyplorer as mentioned. am using the latest build of xyplorer fyi. thanks :tup: (p.s same symptom if i choose show 64 bit context menu also)

attached screenshot from xyplorer and the correct outcome via explorer.exe just for clarification.
Attachments
explorer.jpg
explorer.jpg (348.72 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
xyplorer.jpg
xyplorer.jpg (272.88 KiB) Viewed 1121 times

nas8e9

Re: 'Share' in context menu...

Post by nas8e9 »

Confirmed with XYplorer 20.20.0200 on Windows 10 1809 x64. Some experimenting with other file managers suggests that this functionality is limited to Windows Explorer, unfortunately. I don't know whether it's possible to remove the Share menu item from the context menu?

Qtweeder

Post by Qtweeder »

yeah i think when it pops up via explorer, its like a modern metro type popup (ie, if you clicked off it / to the side of it, it would disappear), so not a true desktop popup, so might, as you allude to, only be available via explorer, damn shame, as i have to go and manually find the photo or file i wanted to share in explorer after getting to it easily in XY, which is pretty much the only reason i have to still use explorer now :(

tedy

Post by tedy »

This is like the "old" Send_To submenu. I have everything that matters to me in Send To menu, so it is enough.

Qtweeder

Post by Qtweeder »

yeah the one app i use every day, join by JoaoApps to send things between all my devices only exists in that share menu, hence my post, i even tried adding the metro app to my sendto menu, but it doesnt show up even after making the shortcut, thats why share is a slightly different thing, it will discover devices, dlna, contacts etc rather than the sendto menus apps/drives/locations etc. so for me it is not enough :) (but i now realize it is not XY fault, hard windows limitation of some sort!)
tedy wrote: 25 Jul 2019 19:39 This is like the "old" Send_To submenu. I have everything that matters to me in Send To menu, so it is enough.

tedy

Post by tedy »

Yeah, I didn't mean it lacks anu sense, it's just enough for me :) . I don't like 'Metro' apps... actually I hate them wholeheartedly :) . I use Windows only on desktops/laptops and there I like and only use "normal" apps where they only make sense.
On other mobile devices I use Android only.