List refresh not working since 18.60.0000 on a network drive with second pane as network drive

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
neil9090

List refresh not working since 18.60.0000 on a network drive with second pane as network drive

Post by neil9090 »

Problem:
Pane 1 : current pane, Pane 2 second pane (might not be shown)
If pane 1 is being used on a network share via a drive letter and pane 2 is a network drive or "This PC/Computer" when moving a file the list is not automatically refresh with some operations e.g. drag and drop a file out of the current folder.

On a new install i.e. just the app install (no data folder)
Navigate to a network drive letter/folder e.g. drive:\folder
Drag and drop a file from this directory to another, the on screen list is refreshed (the file disappears).
All should work fine as its a clean install and the second pane will be "This PC/Computer"

If the second pane (even hidden) has a network drive (or "This PC/Computer") as the selection location the same drag and drop operation fails to refresh the list after the move completes.
e.g.
Pane 1: Navigate to a network drive letter/folder e.g. drive:\folder
Pane 2: Navigate to a network drive letter/folder
Switch back to Pane 1
Drag and drop a file from this directory to another, the on screen list is NOT refreshed if the list can be manually refreshed with menu/shortcut key. If I click the file that is still showing to rename it, the file is tested for existence and then disappears.

Interestingly if the other pane is a network drive or "This PC/Computer" it fails, but if it is set as Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Links or a local hard drive letter it works. If Pane 1 is a UNC and Pane 2 is a network drive or UNC it fails, one the second pane is a local hd it works.

I have managed to identify that in 18.60.0000 it worked as expected but testing with the same methodology from 18.60.0100 on-wards and most recently tested with 20.20 this issue still exists.

I thought it was my setup and was something to do with the network suspend auto-refresh always switched on when on a network drive. Decided to check if previous versions were doing the same, on clean installs it worked as expected, so had compare and test the files between an non working version and a clean install. Eventually narrowed it down to the panes\2\b\panes.ini which when copied from the non working version stopped it from working as expected, comparing the files I noticed that the default tab pane for 2 was a network drive but on the clean install was "This PC/Computer" adjusting this in the text file fixed the issue.

(I hope this isn't just a me bug)

admin
Site Admin

Re: List refresh not working since 18.60.0000 on a network drive with second pane as network drive

Post by admin »

Indeed. Interesting. Good find! :tup:

Should be fixed in next beta.