XYplorer crashing lately on Windows 10

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
elqasar2

XYplorer crashing lately on Windows 10

Post by elqasar2 »

For about the last 1-2 months, I've had XYplorer crash quite a few times. On Windows 10 1809 and 1903. It's been minimized in the tray and when I move the mouse cursor over to the tray icon, the icon disappears (which indicates the program has crashed). Sure enough, when I check Windows Problem Reports I see that XYplorer had crashed some time earlier, meaning that the tray icon was a leftover zombie icon. Anyone else noticed XYplorer crashing lately? As mentioned, it's only been doing this for about the last 1-2 months.
crash.png
crash.png (18.83 KiB) Viewed 1961 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: XYplorer crashing lately on Windows 10

Post by admin »

So, it happens while XY is minimized? What are you doing while XY is minimized?

elqasar2

Post by elqasar2 »

Nothing out of the ordinary. XYplorer is idle and minimized. And I'll be doing web browsing or some other normal activity, and then later on when I want to maximize XYplorer I find that it has crashed sometime since the last time I used it.

I don't know if it can be said for sure that it *only* happens while minimized. It's just that I generally keep XYplorer minimized most of the time. All I know is that it used to be extremely rare for XYplorer to crash, but lately it's happening quite a lot.

GH7

Post by GH7 »

I have not had a bunch of crashes, but have been having serious issues with XYplorer hanging and occasionally crashing on windows 10 this past week or two to the point that I have to exit the application a dozen times a day now. I am at the point that it is not reliable enough to use it like I want and used to. Love the tool, but worried about it now.

Spent a couple of hours last night setting up a Dark theme setup, and it crashed and lost it all. My experience is that when applying different commands quickly it hangs.

Is there any use or plausible value in uninstalling and reinstalling the program - does anyone know or think?

Thx.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

GH7 wrote: 29 Jun 2019 22:49 Is there any use or plausible value in uninstalling and reinstalling the program - does anyone know or think?
Could you try using a fresh instance by entering:

Code: Select all

::fresh;
... in the address bar, and then trying the things that currently crash your instance? This way your current profile is taken out of the equation.

GH7

Post by GH7 »

Hey Thanks - before getting your reply I lost my mind and did an uninstall/re-install, and found that I had a number of old installations still hanging around. With the re-install things are working well again now. BTW, v20 looks great, love the hamburger addition.

I very much appreciate your response your suggestion, and will wait longer in the future. Not used to getting support like that so fast.