'Cut' folder icon doesn't stay greyed out

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Re: 'Cut' folder icon doesn't stay greyed out

Post by admin »

Yeah, probably right. :maf: I'll add a way to configure it...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

autocart wrote: 29 May 2019 21:36Plus, if I may add one more thing, since you are working on this whole thing right now, it would be icing on the cake if the clipboard and thus all cut or copy markings (color and dimm) would be cleared on Esc, in case one changes his/her mind.
You can assign a keyboard shortcut to Edit | Paste Special | Clear Clipboard. But ESC is not available. ESC has too many hard-coded traditional functions all over the place.

autocart

Post by autocart »

admin wrote: 30 May 2019 10:31
autocart wrote: 29 May 2019 21:36Plus, if I may add one more thing, since you are working on this whole thing right now, it would be icing on the cake if the clipboard and thus all cut or copy markings (color and dimm) would be cleared on Esc, in case one changes his/her mind.
You can assign a keyboard shortcut to Edit | Paste Special | Clear Clipboard. But ESC is not available. ESC has too many hard-coded traditional functions all over the place.
ok

Just for clarity, though, I meant for Esc *not* to clear the clipboard at any time of pressing it but only if the clipboard actually *contains* names of copied/cut files and only in XY (or any other file explorer if this was possible). It is the standard behaviour in Windows Explorer too (for cut files).

What would be even cooler is if the previous clipboard content (from before cut/copy) would be restored after a cut & paste operation or a copy/cut & Esc. I wished for that often.

But I now thought of it that I can also accomplish all of that with AutoHotkey. So, never mind.

autocart

Post by autocart »

v20.00.0012 - 2019-05-30 10:27
+ Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles: Added section "Clipboard
markers" with two options:
- Dimmed icons: Tick it to show the traditional dimmed icon effect on
items that are *cut* to clipboard (no effect on *copied* items).
- Colored lines: Tick it to show the new colored lines effect (orange for
cut, blue for copied).
Both effects can be combined.
BTW, thank you very much, Don, this is really nice now (respectively after I will have added my AutoHotkey code :wink: ).

tedy

Post by tedy »

I think too much useless effort went into this and would potentially make things worse. It is (was) Ok as it was. You get direct visible feedback right when you cut and that's enough. You already know you cut the folder/file and not missed the key shortcut for some reason. XY would not do anything to the clipboard or change it, by its own, until you cut/copy something else there.
Use third party Clipboard apps to check what's in there. There is a free one that can display what's in it, but I use a full-fledged clipboard extender that keeps thousands of clips and I cannot live without that already.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

autocart wrote: 30 May 2019 14:48Just for clarity, though, I meant for Esc *not* to clear the clipboard at any time of pressing it but only if the clipboard actually *contains* names of copied/cut files and only in XY (or any other file explorer if this was possible). It is the standard behaviour in Windows Explorer too (for cut files).
Wow, I never knew that Explorer did this. I just don't use this app enough. :) But I'm not sure if I want to replicate this behavior. Explorer does it only when the dimming is visible, and we've already seen that the dimming is not very reliable. Now since the dimming has been reformed in XYplorer, we cannot really go back to that Explorer behavior.

autocart

Post by autocart »

autocart wrote: 30 May 2019 14:48 Just for clarity, though, I meant for Esc *not* to clear the clipboard at any time of pressing it but only if the clipboard actually *contains* names of copied/cut files and only in XY (or any other file explorer if this was possible). It is the standard behaviour in Windows Explorer too (for cut files).

What would be even cooler is if the previous clipboard content (from before cut/copy) would be restored after a cut & paste operation or a copy/cut & Esc. I wished for that often.

But I now thought of it that I can also accomplish all of that with AutoHotkey. So, never mind.
I now added this option (and more) with an ahk script:
XYAHK_clipboardHelper_and_XYEscToList (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20615)

Regards, S.

elqasar2

Post by elqasar2 »

In 20.20.0008 the auto-refresh of the Cut/Copied status doesn't work anymore (e.g. if the clipboard is cleared/changed externally) unless the new option 'Watch the clipboard' is ticked. But the status does still update when switching tabs and then coming back.

I want to disable the storing/restoring of content by XY, but I don't want to lose the auto-refreshed status of whether files are copied/cut. Currently one can choose all or nothing. :cry:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oh yes, good point. I'll change that...