Autosize columns = 0 not properly applied

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
paludis

Re: Autosize columns = 0 not properly applied

Post by paludis »

So, after downgrading and upgrading again to the latest version (20.00) the runtime problems seem to be gone.

The only thing that reproducible is that if I quit the application while having a folder selected that contains only items with short names, after restarting my default folder is selected and all items in it are cut off.
But as I understand from the changelog that is since that particular version working as intended.

My default startup folder is my download folder, so it happens to me quite frequently that after downloading a file with a browser and I open XYplorer to do something with that downloaded file, I will run into files in the download folder are cut off until I refresh it.

My question is if the behavior before this version (autosize columns on startup) could be turned into a configuration setting, I would very much appreciate that.

Thank you for considering and keep up the work on this amazing piece of software.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

IMO when the startup folder is different from the shutdown folder then autosize columns should indeed apply on startup. So I will change that in the next beta. :)

paludis

Post by paludis »

Good to hear, looking forward to the next version. :)

The only use case that remains then is when new files are stored in the default folder while XYplorer is closed. Then upon starting it, the width will not adapt when it was closed while having the default folder selected.

This is where a "brute force" option, to always refresh the auto sizing on startup would come in handy.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

You're aware that there have been 6 beta versions published between the last two posts of this thread?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

paludis

Post by paludis »

No, indeed, I was not.

I just tested beta v20.00.0017 and it seems even my "file download" use case described above is solved in this version.

Fantastic work, thank you for your time.