dBpoweramp convert to context not opening properly

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
benten2000

dBpoweramp convert to context not opening properly

Post by benten2000 »

When using XYplorer 19.50.0200 and the latest version of dBpoweramp 16.6 the right click context menu still shows fine but when no clicking in XYplorer the program only half works as you can see it in the taskbar but there is no window gui at all visible.

But if you do it the exact same way but with Windows Explorer the gui shows up perfectly.

admin
Site Admin

Re: dBpoweramp convert to context not opening properly

Post by admin »

Are you using the 32-bit or the 64-bit context menu?

benten2000

Post by benten2000 »

Normally I use the "Show the 64-bit context menu" with the right click - Convert to. There is no 32-bit context menu shown only the option to show the 64-bit context menu then convert to (which does the same problem)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hä?

Could you post a screenshot of the situation?

benten2000

Post by benten2000 »

Sure thing.

1) Wav file normal right click windows context menu > convert to opens its GUI and in the taskbar.
https://imgur.com/u2xyFGx

2) Exact same file via latest XYplorer, the taskbar bit opens but the main GUI does not show at all now.
https://imgur.com/ojZc5Zr

highend

Post by highend »

Can confirm that behavior here...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

32-bit or 64-bit context menu?

highend

Post by highend »

64-bit
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

benten2000

Post by benten2000 »

Tried with latest version 19.60.0000 and dbpoweramp 16.6 and still the same problem if used in XYplorer and not normal explorer.
Going back to dbpoweramp 16.4 works on both though.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Does it make a difference when you set XYplorer to the default file manager?

Tick this: Configuration | Other | Shell Integration | Default File Manager | XYplorer is default file manager

benten2000

Post by benten2000 »

Sadly no, still the same.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, IMO that's a dbpoweramp bug then. Looks like they hard-coded it to play nice with Explorer only.

Codi

Post by Codi »

Can we please revive this topic?
I would like to use another Audio Converter, but honestly there is no other Audio Converter that has these big amount of DSP Effects like "Loop" in it except dbPoweramp.
Yesterday i tried this what the original Post was trying and i can also confirm it that the program opens, but i can only see the icon on the taskbar, not the window of the program itself when i have XYplorer open. Outside of XYplorer it works.
Now, it was said before that it must be a bug from dbPoweramp itself, and this is not true.
I tried it with many other "Eplorer Replacements" like CubicExplorer, Explorer++, FreeCommander, Q-Dir, Tablacus Explorer and others. In all of them it works.
So No, it isn´t a bug in dbPoweramp, i can confirm with this it has to do with XYplorer!
And also No, i willl not use another Explorer Replacement instead to use dbPoweramp, cause i tested them all, and XYplorer is the best of them all.

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

First, this one custom file association is better than nothing to me:

Code: Select all

"dBatch Converter GUI|C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\dBConfig.exe" {:Audio}>::copytext <curpath>; run """C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\dBConfig.exe""";
But what I primarily use is this:

I was pretty frustrated with the same thing as I'm a long-time dbPowerAmp user. Got tired of trying to make it work so wrote a little script for use with custom file associations. It's not exactly ready for prime time, but it was quick to write, and it works well enough my purposes in its current state. If anyone wants me to finish it up, I'll take the time, but it does what I intended in its current state fairly well. You'll have to make sure the programs called are available and placed in the early variables. If you'd like help with that, feel free to ask. Also, it uses my personal defaults, which are things like converting FLAC to mp3 V0.

Again, I never intended on sharing this script, but I feel your pain.

First, put this in as a custom file association:

|"dbConvertCLI to Defaults|C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\MusicConverter.exe" {:Audio}>::load "<xyscripts>\DBConvertCLI.xys", "DBConvertCLI";
Then, here's this, for what it's worth. It meets my personal needs well enough that I haven't polished it. It's also a rather old script for me, and I'm sure I would have written it better if it had been more recent. I've left all my personal comments in.

One concern you may have, is if you're converting a lossless format like APE, which I convert to FLAC, I recycle bin the original files without a prompt as I myself would have no further use for them. You can search for WARNING in the comments, which I added before I shared this. All this script does is convert whatever format is there to what I would generally do were I to use the dbPowerAMP GUI, only via CLI. It converts lossless formats to flac and converts flac to V0 in a subfolder of the original folder. I haven't handled outliers like lossless wma as I've only got a few of those lying around on older hard disks.

I forget whether my initial settings in dbPowerAMP were significant. I don't think so....

I personally use a more powerful program if I'm downsampling, for example, a 24/192 flac to redbook, so I've made no provision for that in this program. (It's an audio editor that does this particularly well.)

Were I doing this again, I might use http://sox.sourceforge.net/ instead for my conversions - and probably include a graphic of the frequency data, which that can do, as well. But, I'm used to and like dbPowerAMP, so I stuck with that.

Well, here goes. Try not to taunt the programmer for the unpolished share:

"FOREACH - dbPowerAMP Comvert||| : DBConvertCLI"
  //ToDo: As is, just uses my default preferences for each file type. Could make it more robust, but slower to use, or just continue changing preferences here.
  //ToDo: I forget how much this depends on my settings within dbPowerAmp.
  //This recycles originals of formats I don't care to keep after conversion - lossless to FLAC. Keeps the originals for FLAC to VO. 
  //ToDo: Put in some sort of confirmation, perhaps an html form showing what's going to happen with some check boxes for behavior, or perhaps preference variables at start of script.

$dbcoreconverter = "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\CoreConverter.exe"; //Nothing worked, so I didn't even bother with worrying about bitness.
  $mediaInfo       = "<xydata>\Programs\MediaInfo.exe"; //I keep any program I frequently call from a script in a Programs folder in my data folder.
  //Where appropriate, I generally put the whole folder in, then make a hardlink to the main executable and put it directly in the <xydata>\Programs folder, which I have on my path.

$selitems        = "<selitems |>";
  $curext          = gpc(<curitem>, "ext");
    $curext        = recase($curext, "lower");
  $parentP         = gpc(<curitem>, "component",-2,1);

//Could add a warning or other behavior if all the extensions don't match the first one.
  //ToDo: This makes an assumption about all the files in the directory concerned being the same. Fiarly reasonable, but could check each. One would think I'd notice, though.

SWITCH ($curext) {

case "flac":
      new("(V0", "dir"); //Creates a new target directory giving the quality, VO for the MP3 conversion.
      //ToDo: If they're high bitrate/bitdepth files, offer the choice to convert them to redbook rather than mp3.

FOREACH ($i, $selitems, "|", , "Nothing selected. Oops!") {

selectitems $i, "2";

//Location Variables
          $childP       = <curitem>;
          $parentP      = gpc($childP, "component",-2,1);
          $childB       = gpc($childP, "base");

$infile  = $childP;
          $outfile = "$parentP\(V0\$childB.mp3";

run  """$dbcoreconverter"" -infile=""$infile"" -outfile=""$outfile"" -convert_to=""mp3 (Lame)"" -V 0 -q 0""", , "2", "1"; 
          //Wait until each track is finish rather than open a window for every file, Display the cmd window.
      }
    break;

case "ape":
      new("(FLAC", "dir"); //Creates a new target directory giving the quality, FLAC for APE

selectitems $i, "2";

//Location Variables

$infile  = $childP;
          $outfile = "$parentP\(FLAC\$childB.flac";

run  """$dbcoreconverter"" -infile=""$infile"" -outfile=""$outfile"" -convert_to=""FLAC"" -q 8""", , "2", "1"; 
          //Wait until each track is finish rather than open a window for every file, Display the cmd window.

}

//Could insert, "Delete Originals and Move FLAC to Current?"
      delete "1", "0", $selitems; //Recycle, No Confirm, Itemlist. <--WARNING: For lossless formats, I delte the original files to tthe recycle bin.
      goto "<curpath>\(FLAC\", 1; //Reuse existing tab.
      sel "a";
      #1056; //Move Files Up
      goto "<curpath>\.."; //Go to parent.
      delete "1", "0", "<curpath>\(FLAC"; //Delete temporary folder.
      wait 500;
      #485; //Refresh Current List

break;

case "wav":
      new("(FLAC", "dir"); //Creates a new target directory giving the quality, FLAC for WAV

selectitems $i, "2";

//Location Variables

$infile  = $childP;

run  """$dbcoreconverter"" -infile=""$infile"" -outfile=""$outfile"" -convert_to=""FLAC"" -q 8""", , "2", "1"; //Wait until each track is finish rather than open a window for every file, Display the cmd window.
      }

//Could insert, "Delete Originals and Move FLAC to Current Directory?"
      delete "1", "0", $selitems; //Recycle, No Confirm, Itemlist. <-- WARNING: Again, lossless, so it goes in the bin.
      sel "a";
      #1056; //Move Up
      delete "1", "0", "<curpath>\(FLAC";
      wait 500;

break;

case "wv":
      new("(FLAC", "dir"); //Creates a new target directory giving the quality, FLAC for Wavepack

selectitems $i, "2";

//Location Variables

$infile  = $childP;

run  """$dbcoreconverter"" -infile=""$infile"" -outfile=""$outfile"" -convert_to=""FLAC"" -q 8""", , "2", "1"; //Wait until each track is finish rather than open a window for every file, Display the cmd window.

delete "1", "0", $selitems; //Recycle, No Confirm, Itemlist. <-- WARNING
      sel "a";
      #1056; //Move Up
      wait 500;

}
    break;

case "alac":
      new("(FLAC", "dir"); //Creates a new target directory giving the quality, FLAC for ALAC

selectitems $i, "2";

//Location Variables

$infile  = $childP;

delete "1", "0", $selitems; //Recycle, No Confirm, Itemlist. <--WARNING
      sel "a";
      #1056; //Move Up
      wait 500;

}
    break;

case "mp3":
      msg "You don't want to re-compress a lossy format.";
    break;

case "ogg":
    break;

case "m4a":
    break;

case "aac":
    break;

case "wma":
      //Fall through to default.
      //ToTo: Add some code to actually run the thing if it is lossless. But this is such an outlier....

case "default":
      echo "Check whether it's lossy.";
      run """C:\Program Files\MediaInfo\MediaInfo.exe"" ""<curitem>"""; 
      //ToDo: Could do it much cleaner than this. Be able to choose a behavior based on what I read in MI. Probably an html form.

//'Codec Central'.  [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter] <--?! what was I thinking when I made this comment?

$codecDescr = runret("$mediaInfo --Output=Audio;%CodecID_Description% ""<curitem>"""); //I'd probably do this differently now.

IF (($codecDescr LikeI "*Lossless*") AND ("flac" UnLikeI gpc(<curitem>, "ext"))) {

selectitems $i, "2";

//Location Variables. P indicates full path, B indicates Base.

$infile  = $childP;
            $outfile = "$parentP\$childB.flac";

run  """$dbcoreconverter"" -infile=""$infile"" -outfile=""$outfile"" -convert_to=""FLAC"" -q 8""", , "2", "1"; 
            //Wait until each track is finish rather than open a window for every file, though that actually seems to work adequately, Display the cmd window.
            //ToDo: Open 2-4 windows at a time and wait until one's finished, then open another one. But only for an SSD. I prefer single threaded for a spinning disk.
        }
      }

break;

default:
      if ($selitems == "") {Msg "Nothing selected. Oops!";}
      else {
        run """C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\dBConfig.exe""", """$parentP""";
      }
    break;

}

Codi

Post by Codi »

This looks interesting.
I will definitly take a look at it. Thank you.
Also a different thing. Do you know by any chance what exactly is the Command for "Convert to" in the Explorer Right Click Context Menu?
It is definitly the "MusicConverter.exe", from which you get the "Convert to" Menu. If i just move a Audio File on the Exe, it just says:
Unknown Command Line: "C:\Music\Testfile.flac"
So there must be a hidden command line for this Exe, which get´s called when you right click and click "Convert to" on a Audio File.