dBpoweramp convert to context not opening properly

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
highend

Re: dBpoweramp convert to context not opening properly

Post by highend »

The .exe can't handle any arguments and no drag and drop.

There is no hidden command line, it uses a COM interface to interact.
https://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer-scripting-dmc.htm
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

The easiest solution, frankly, is to just "Open" a folder containing the things you want to transcode and sidestep the whole issue. There's a long discussion (and rather old) discussing this problem on their forum somewhere or other. Looks like someone got around it by hacking their registry, but I'm not doing that for this (might be the link highend posted, I didn't look). Was a bit disappointed (originally) when I force-installed the 32-bit version and it still acted the same. (Keep the right shift key pressed while installing, fwiw.)

Sometime, I'll probably just write something that uses SOX, ffmpeg, the native flac tools, and a track identifier regardless of format, and who knows what else, to handle all my needs, a bit at a time. dbPowerAMP is nice to have sometimes - I've used it for years, but I think the dev could make a nod to those of us wanting to call the thing from a 32-bit app. We're not the only ones.

If you want to automate something from the command line, SOX really is pretty powerful for many tasks.

http://sox.sourceforge.net/
Last edited by Dustydog on 04 Mar 2020 05:42, edited 1 time in total.

Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

I don't recall whether this worked for the 64-bit version. But as I'm using the 32-bit version of dbPowerAMP, I did notice that the batch convert function will (now?) open properly on a folder, which is pretty useful in itself.

Ysl

Post by Ysl »

Does anyone found a solution to this problem of not having dBpoweramp launching properly when clicking on 'Convert to' in the right context menu ? This is Very frustrating !!

BTW I installed the latest version 21.10 and at first launch, the right click worked (Music Converter showed properly, as it does in Explorer) but never again ??!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ysl wrote: 20 Sep 2020 09:43 BTW I installed the latest version 21.10 and at first launch, the right click worked (Music Converter showed properly, as it does in Explorer) but never again ??!!
Each time after startup it works just for one time? :?

Ysl

Post by Ysl »

Ok, I found myself more information...

I use win 10 64 Bit latest version

When you click 'convert to' you see the program in the taskbar but nowhere on the screen... BUT if I press Enter, convertion start and I see a third of the progress bar on the upper left corner and I cannot move this window elsewhere because my mouse pointer cannot access the up side of that window (and I tried every other trick to move it to no avail)

So I know now that the program is working but hiding !

And to prove it, this is what I did :

I use a (now unavailable) program called WinSplit which let me put any window at a defined place choose by myself.
So I launched EXPLORER, selected 'Convert to' and when the dbpoweramp window appeared I added it to Winsplit
Now I launch db via YXPLORER context menu, see the program in the taskbar, click on it and then press the shortcut for Winsplit et voila, dbpoweramp window in the middle of my screen !!

When I launch it from Everything https://www.voidtools.com/ the db window is always bottom left but visible

So maybe the work is to understand why XYPLORER seem to launch the program out of the screen !!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

XYplorer does not decide about the screen position. The shell extension that places the command 'Convert to' in the context menu is responsible. There is nothing I can do. :|