Breadcrumb up-arrow issue

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Papoulka

Breadcrumb up-arrow issue

Post by Papoulka »

I haven't found a direct way to reproduce this, but here's the symptom FYI. Win10 x64; XY v19.50.0100 but has been on-going.

Ideally for me, when working in folder "A", if I press breadcrumb up-arrow I want to move to the parent of of "A" and select "A" - never anything else.

So in Configuration I have "Select last used subfolder" enabled; and this almost always works correctly. However, XY sometimes gets confused if I arrived in folder "A" via "Open in other pane" and have worked for a while in both panes. When confused, the up-arrow will take me to the parent folder of "A" but with a different folder highlighted or selected - usually one that I had previously worked on in the other pane i.e. historical.

The risk to this is when I've examined "A" and decided I don't need it. Breadcrumb up and press delete... but I'm not on folder "A".

SO - maybe the "last used subfolder" entry can get confused when "Open in other pane" is used. That's the FYI.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Breadcrumb up-arrow issue

Post by admin »

Tried but could not reproduce. I need that exact steps...

Papoulka

Post by Papoulka »

I can reproduce something like this as follows:

1) With a list pane holding many folders, use Live Filter to find a subgroup of them.
2) Double-click on one to open that folder 'A'.
3) Work in that folder (rename files etc).
4) Click breadcrumb up-arrow...
Intent is to have folder 'A' selected and visible eg. for delete / rename etc.
XY does navigate to the parent folder and does have 'A' selected - but it isn't scrolled to be visible.

--> An automatic 'scroll to be visible' is what I want.
[I realize that doesn't directly address my OP but might actually answer that]
[I also realize this isn't a bug per se, but that's what I thought in the OP]

This is with XY 19.90.0100
I have enabled:
Scroll selected folder to the top
Select last-used subfolder
Keep current item in view after resorting
Scroll to top after resorting

Papoulka

Post by Papoulka »

To focus on the point, and add a piece of info:

1) With a list pane holding many folders, use Live Filter to find a subgroup of them.
2) Double-click on one to open that folder - call it 'A'.
3) Work in folder 'A' (rename files etc).
4) Click breadcrumb up-arrow...

Intent is to have folder 'A' selected and visible eg. for delete / rename etc.
XY does navigate to the parent folder, but folder 'A' isn't visible and may not be selected...

5) Press 'F2' to initiate a rename (hoping that 'A' is selected and will become visible)...
the Batch Rename dialog appears but showing "<#01>_" instead of the presumably selected folder 'A'.

So - breadcrumb up-arrow seems to get confused if a folder has been reached indirectly eg via Live Filter.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Still cannot reproduce it. :|
BTW, the Batch Rename dialog never shows the current folder but the last used pattern.