MDBU Right-Click (NOT A) regression [Solved]

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
FluxTorpedoe

MDBU Right-Click (NOT A) regression [Solved]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi’
Well, I hadn’t been active for a while, so let me prefix by saying that I never cease to be impressed by the growth of XYplorer! Kudos for your commitment —and efficiency! :appl:

———————————————————————————

Now, back to what I suspect is a tiny :bug: .
It’s been several months that MDBU Right-Click stopped "working" as it was, i.e. no more blow-ups on right-click. Unfortunately I can’t tell when it occurred (was offline most of the time), but I guess it was around the time that "drag status box" was introduced.

• To reproduce:
Fresh XYplorer, Tools > Configuration > Mouse Down Blow Up > check "On right mouse down".
→ A right-click on a pic doesn’t blow it up anymore — as a workaround, slightly dragging the mouse works (but it’s cumbersome, especially on icons).

Edit:
• Advice 1: If you’re using Autohotkey, there may be a conflict, check this post (below).
• Advice 2: For right-click to work as MDBU in thumbnails view, it is (or may be) necessary to disable the following setting: Configuration > Mouse Down Blow Up > "Allow dragging items by the thumbnail".

FYI, I use it to complement the left MDBU, so I have the following options checked : "Stay up", "Fit image to screen" and "Enable blow ups on file icons as well". And I use it very often on pics (to have a fit-screen preview), and on audio files (to have an instant audio preview). So by missing it, I really feel the usefulness of this feature even more! :biggrin:

Thanks for your attention,
Flux
Last edited by FluxTorpedoe on 09 Jan 2019 23:17, edited 3 times in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: MDBU Right-Click regression

Post by admin »

Thanks! :biggrin: Yep, the good stuff is keeping coming...

------------------

MouseDown on what? (It works here on icons and thumbs, cannot find a problem)

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Right click blow up on a thumbnail /icon itself works for me also, but there may be something amiss since it doesn't seem to make any difference if I have "Fit to screen" checked or not. The blow up on right click is always "Fit to screen" regardless of that setting. I mentioned this a week or two ago on someone else post about MDBU viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19676#p164132 You may want to look at that thread since it's along the same lines.viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19676
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Thanks for the quick feedback!
Wow, so it’s definitely weirder than it appeared…

For me, MDBU right-click (only R-C, not L-C) never works with anything: thumbnails (even on a fresh XY as mentioned), and icons (with matching option checked).
Although, I repeat, R-C MDBU doesn’t work on click: R-C down > nothing happens —at all— > R-C Up > nothing happens —at all—.
But it works if I ever-so-slightly drag: R-C down, drag > image pops-up/audio plays > R-C up > nothing happens (image stays up/audio continues (what’s expected, according to my settings))!

I’m under Windows 10 1803 x64.
Though —thanks Ken for the link—, it looks like Ghost zero had another problem, maybe related, but with Win7…

Anyway, I’m pretty sure that, for me, the regression didn’t occur after a Windows update (I was offline) —and it was before 1803—, but after a XYplorer update. Namely, one which introduced behavior changes related to the right click (drag status box…).
So I’m not saying that it’s not related to the OS (it may well be), but it definitely wasn’t caused directly by the OS itself, but by a change in XY. Weird, weird… :bug:

At least it’s reassuring to know that it wasn’t noticed not because nobody uses it (it’s a great feature!), but because there’s some system/config conflict… :maf:

jupe

Post by jupe »

@klownboy: I think you are talking about the bottom setting I have indicated in this screenshot? I could be wrong but my understanding is is linked to the General settings above when unticked, ie you could get the same results ticked/unticked depending on your General settings.

2018-11-24_172333.png
2018-11-24_172333.png (14.97 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
XY Help wrote:Fit image to screen: Tick to show the whole image using the whole screen. If unticked then the
MDBU settings at Configuration | Mouse down blow up | General are used.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FluxTorpedoe wrote: 24 Nov 2018 01:10 Thanks for the quick feedback!
Wow, so it’s definitely weirder than it appeared…
Well, I cannot make it happen here. :|

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

jupe wrote: 24 Nov 2018 07:32Fit image to screen: Tick to show the whole image using the whole screen. If unticked then the MDBU settings at Configuration | Mouse down blow up | General are used.
OK, thanks jupe, I never noticed that. I remember years ago having one click "full blowup" and the other "fit to screen" blow up. For many years since, I've always had both set at "fit to screen". So based on that it had to be the other way around, left click "full blow up" and right click "fit to screen" since you can't have it the other way. Thanks for solving my "non-issue". :)
Edit: I'm getting old, but this sounded familiar...viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10152

FluxTorpedoe

Re: MDBU Right-Click (NOT A) regression

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Dang! :blackstorm:
Following Ken’s link to this thread, I just saw the latest post by yuyu about "mouse intercepting software"… And here lies the culprit!

I indeed use an Autohotkey custom script which involves a Right-Click remapping (to enable system-wide RC+Wheel = Zoom). With this disabled, RC MDBU works again as it should!

I hadn’t updated my AHK script (nor Windows), which explains why I suspected that the change was introduced by an XYplorer update, and somehow it was the case (maybe it’s related to some delay in processing RC input, with the introduction of the "status drag"?…).

Nevertheless, it’s definitely not XYplorer’s fault! :mrgreen:

I’ll investigate the AHK to see if/how I can fix this, and will post the results in case others encounter the same issue.

yuyu

Post by yuyu »

FluxTorpedoe wrote: 24 Nov 2018 14:16 Dang! :blackstorm:
Following Ken’s link to this thread, I just saw the latest post by yuyu about "mouse intercepting software"… And here lies the culprit!

I indeed use an Autohotkey custom script which involves a Right-Click remapping (to enable system-wide RC+Wheel = Zoom). With this disabled, RC MDBU works again as it should!
In my case it's MouseImp that prevents right-click MDBU and Rich Copy. So I just temporary disable intercepting by holding predefined "bypass" key.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Flux, resolving that issue may be as simple as using...

Code: Select all

IfNotWinActive, ahk_class ThunderRT6FormDC
{...}
as a lead-in for whatever code you have such that it doesn't apply to XYplorer https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/command ... tm#command

FluxTorpedoe

Re: MDBU Right-Click (NOT A) regression [Solved]

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Thanks both of you for the tips.
I managed to avoid using another conditional by inserting a slight delay (so my insight was right about a delay-related change in XYplorer! :ugeek: )

So, for what it’s worth:

• Resolving a conflict between Autohotkey Right-Click remapping and XYplorer

Replace / Do not use:
  MouseClick R

With / But use:
  Click Right Down
  Sleep, 30
  Click Right Up

Edit: Increased delay
Last edited by FluxTorpedoe on 09 Jan 2019 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

FluxTorpedoe wrote: 24 Nov 2018 16:45 so my insight was right about a delay-related change in XYplorer!
Hey again Flux, this is possibly the change you're referring to
v19.00.0119 - 2018-06-26 10:45
* Mouse Down Blow Up and Thumbnails: From now on you cannot left- or
right-drag a file by the thumbnail anymore when Mouse Down Blow Up is
enabled. Advantage: The blow-up is click-instant now. No need anymore to
hold down the mouse for 150 msecs.
FYI, to drag the file in thumbnails view you can drag it by the caption.
If you still want the previous behavior you can use this new tweak:
MDBUAllowDragByThumb=1
Set it to "0" for instant blow-ups and "1" if you'd want the capability of dragging from the thumb as well as the filename vs the filename only. That tweak was raised to the UI in Configuration.

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your feedback. I’d tried playing with the Drag by thumb setting without seeing a difference so I’d dismissed it.
But in fact you did well to point it out, if it wasn’t at the origin of the issue, it was part of it: it’s necessary for RC MDBU to work in thumbnails view (but not in list or details view!).

• To sum thing up: for right-click to work as MDBU in thumbnails view, it is (/ it may be) necessary to disable the configuration setting: "Allow dragging items by the thumbnail".

On a side note, the 5ms delay in Autohotkey wasn’t enough most of the time, I had to increase it to 30 (maybe will have to increase it further). I’ll edit my posts.