Drag & drop on droplet : Shell error

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Ouinx2

Drag & drop on droplet : Shell error

Post by Ouinx2 »

Hi,
after some searchs I found similar topics to my problem, unfornatly it doesn't help me for what I want to do.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3492
viewtopic.php?t=10299

I'm using XYplorer since few weeks and it's really good, I really like it.
My major issue is the use of some droplets. I'm using "Better File Rename (BFR)" to mass rename files. The software allows me to create complex rules and I have now differents BFR droplets for differents kind of situation. I just have to select one or many files then drag and drop it/them on the droplet icon to rename the file.
Unfornatly, XYplorer doesnt allow this drag and drop.

I tried to change the configuration by adding the extension dpt6:

Code: Select all

DropTargetCustomExtensions=.dtp6.
I'm now allowed to drag & drop but I got an error message "Shell Drop failed."

I tried a script to bypass this but the command "openwith" just open the droplet without running it with the argument.

Thanks in advance

Note: I tried running XYplorer 19.30 with administrator rights, Xyplorer.ini is writable and keep the changes, Better File Rename program is a 64 bit program.

highend

Re: Drag & drop on droplet : Shell error

Post by highend »

DropTargetCustomExtensions=.dtp6.
A typo? The extension is "dpt6" (and the surrounding dots aren't necessary for a single entry)

The drop doesn't work here as well even with the tweak but it works fine if such a .dpt6 file is on the desktop so
maybe you can use that as an alternative (note: on the real desktop, not the folder inside XY)
I tried a script to bypass this but the command "openwith" just open the droplet without running it with the argument
BFR.exe / .dpt6 can be called from a command prompt with files / folders?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Ouinx2

Re: Drag & drop on droplet : Shell error

Post by Ouinx2 »

Thanks for answer.

You're right, it's "dpt6". The config file dont have the typo error. I can drag and drop on .dpt6 files but I have the error.

I already tried with one, two and without dots inside the config file. Doesn't work.

Actually, I'm using XYplorer.exe to browse my files and then I drag & drop from XYplorer to a Windows explorer window where my droplets are. It works but I'd like to use only XYplorer.

For the script I tried:

Code: Select all

openwith "D:\Ouinx2\Better File Rename Droplets\Clean v2.dpt6"
The droplet can be execute from a command prompt but not with arguments. It only launches the droplet (open a window but doesnt work silently as usual).