Random Crashes on Win10 Home

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
jjra

Random Crashes on Win10 Home

Post by jjra »

Hi!

Just signed up for this forum, cz the XYplorer is really a useful tool however, I've been having random crashes to it, ever since it was installed, been testing it for more than 30 days, and reformatted my PC just to make sure it wasnt the culprit, after installing the latest version, it still has random crashes, like I work on a couple of stuff like photo viewing or illustration work, it just randomly closes, been experiencing it like more than 10x a day of use. I cant duplicate the error because it just happens randomly. Hopefully it can be solved.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Random Crashes on Win10 Home

Post by admin »

Are you previewing PDFs using Adobe? This is THE crash source... but there are ways around it...

jjra

Post by jjra »

No. Im not previewing anything, it just happens randomly, like recently, it made me think that it wasnt able to handle what I was doing (selecting files dragging them to different folders) thats why it crashed

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, you said you do "photo viewing", that's what I meant by "previewing".

Untick these and see if it makes a difference:
Configuration | Information | File Info Tips | Show file info tips
Configuration | Information | File Info Tips | Show Hover Box

jjra

Post by jjra »

Whats the work around for this? There are times that I view PDFs, maybe having both of them open at the same time causes the crash.

highend

Post by highend »

One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

jjra

Post by jjra »

Hi Thanks for the response. I tried not using Adobe Acrobat or anything PDF related, the only programs running are Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and Firefox. Could there be any issues with the programs Im currently running? My trial is about to end but I wanted to justify getting this one, as its a big help to my workflow but it crashes very often.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

While I might not have the same applications running as you, I can certainly attest that XY runs without any crashes on my Win 10 Home laptop for years now.
The PDF preview was causing lots of trouble for many users here on the forum which AFAIK all disappeared once they replaced Adobe Acrobat Reader with other more reliable software.
You might already know by now that this forum is very responsive and even if you still encounter crashes in the future, I'm sure there's a solution to be found for them.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)