Crash with paper folders open

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
daniel347x

Crash with paper folders open

Post by daniel347x »

Hello. XY is crashing (for the first time in my many years of using it!).

I have just started using paper folders today and somehow suspect this might be related, as in the past hour, often when clicking into the other pane (Pane 2) after a paper folder in Pane 1 was just active, XY crashes. I might be clicking on the same file in its 'actual' folder in Pane 2 that was the most recent file I double-clicked on in the paper folder.

The crash has now occurred for the third time in about 15 minutes - XY vanishes and I have to restart it.

I have attached a screenshot of XY in the state it is in when it crashes.

I can follow up with more details, as I try to reproduce, but if there are any special steps I can take to assist in debugging the crash, please let me know.

Thanks!
Attachments
The state XY is in when it crashes upon clicking in Pane 2
The state XY is in when it crashes upon clicking in Pane 2
xyplorer-crash.png (234.61 KiB) Viewed 983 times

daniel347x

Re: Crash with paper folders open

Post by daniel347x »

Update: I reproduced the crash as follows (just once - could not reproduce a second time following these steps):

- With the Preview pane showing (and Acrobat Professional's preview handler showing the full PDF), I dragged a PDF file from the bottom pane into the paper folder in the top pane

XY instantly crashed (I did not receive the "copy confirmation" prompt, which I have set to display). When I restarted XY, the file was not in the paper folder.

Following the same steps as above (the Preview pane again showing with the PDF visible, and dragging up to the same paper folder) it worked just fine - I received the copy confirmation prompt - and the file then appeared in the paper folder. No crash.

jupe

Post by jupe »

Searching the forum would have helped you resolve this,

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18396&p=155736#p155734

Adobes handler is the problem.

https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=PDFpreview

daniel347x

Post by daniel347x »

Thanks for the link. I'll follow that suggestion and post here if the issue is resolved (as it likely will be).

daniel347x

Post by daniel347x »

The problem seems to be resolved... I have Bluebeam Revu installed, which has an outstanding 32-bit PDF preview handler (in addition to a 64-bit preview handler).

Thanks.