Not Responding

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Stephen Austin

Not Responding

Post by Stephen Austin »

Running XYplorer 18.90.0100 under Standard Licence Pro full, no install. Windows 10, updated. Found XYplorer to becoming unusable. Constant messages of 'Not Responding' and the program becoming frozen for minutes at a time.

Following advice on these forums, DL'ed the latest beta version. I see my license does not cover this. Does my Standard Pro count against the lifetime licence?

Would really appreciate it if you good people could advise me on my options. Thank you very much.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Not Responding

Post by admin »

Download the beta NO-INSTALL version and unpack and run it in some temp folder. You will get a 30 day free trial.

Here are two theories on your "Not Responding" experience:

1) It is caused by some of your settings, XYplorer is just heavily working on something. Maybe calculating folder sizes...

2) Some Anti-Virus program is slowing it down. See here: https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=mse

chrispop

Post by chrispop »

I'm having the same issue. It's only been on this version. AV is Microsoft Defender, running Windows 10. The program just freezes. Screen will dim slightly and then mouse freezes. I sometimes get the Windows app. If I kill the app and re-open, it's fine.

I've made no significant changes to any of the settings from previous use. I simply installed the update.

If XYplorer is doing 'something' I'm not aware of it. I've gone all through the settings looking for something that would cause it to index or re-catalog everything but can't find anything.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Which exact version number is that?