XYplorer crashes on my system when creating new folders [resolved]

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
stoik

Re: XYplorer crashes on my system when creating new folders [resolved]

Post by stoik »

Jupe's suggestion helped me run ".xys" scripts from XYplorer's toolbar buttons.
I have not tried highend's modification yet, but I will.

Here is one the last problem/challenge along these lines:
reasonably, the number of available toolbar buttons (that can fit on a single-row toolbar) is very limited, while the number of possibly useful ".xys" scripts is huge. What I have been doing so far to extend this capacity is to link the toolbar to a menu-creating program, PopSel, which (as the name suggests) pops out a menu/selection of customize-able links, and then in the links I put direct shortcuts to my AutoHotKey (".ahk") scripts. In other words, I can run (initiate) ".ahk" scripts from outside of AutoHotKey. June's suggestion from above still runs ".xys" scripts from inside XYplorer (via toolbar button). I would need a way to run ".xys" scripts from outside XYplorer, in order to take advantage of that expanding menu with PopSel. Something line a command-line (via Windows ".lnk" or ".ahk") for XYplorer.exe. For example, my XYplorer is located here: C:\Portable\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe; the command-line I would like to use would be: "C:\Portable\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe" "C:\Portable\XYplorer\Data\Scripts\Sample Script.xys". That way XYplorer scripts would be run (initiated) from outside XYplorer (even though XYplorer is running in the background all the time). However, my desired approach does not work. Is there another way, some other command-line syntax to run (initiate) ".xys" from outside XYplorer ?

Thanks !

jupe

Post by jupe »

"C:\Portable\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe" /feed="Sample Script.xys"

If the script is in the XYscripts folder there is no need for the script path (or extension really), you can paste the following into the XY address bar for more information if you are interested:

Code: Select all

::help "idh_commandlineswitches.htm";
Also, within XY you really don't need PopSel, you can create multiline popup menu scripts as shown in the link I posted earlier, you can also paste the following into the XY address bar for more information if you are interested:

Code: Select all

::help "idh_scripting.htm#idh_scripting_multi";
The help file answers most questions if you search it.

Good Info for those new to scripting: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6560

stoik

Post by stoik »

Thank You, Jupe and HighEnd !

The crashes are resolved by replacing AutoHotKey with XYplorer's own scripts.
My problem is resolved, I have no further questions.

Very clever of Donald Lessau (if it was him) to come up with the idea of using XYplorer's own scripts,
once users get into writing their own ".xys" scripts they have an investment into XYplorer for life,
and are very unlikely to ever switch to another file explorer.

I will repay You for Your help by adding my own ".xys" scripts to Your already existing vast pool.
I have an excellent collection of my own very clever (even if I say so myself) AutoHotKey scripts,
that I will now translate into ".xys" scripts - once I learn the language a bit better.
I will translate the scripts for my own benefit, and then share them with You.
From quantity (a large pool of people making their own weird scripts) comes quality, a classic philosopher once said.

highend

Post by highend »

I will repay You for Your help by adding my own ".xys" scripts to Your already existing vast pool
Any progress on that?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal