incorrect word combination while typing korean

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
meoohps

incorrect word combination while typing korean

Post by meoohps »

Hi,

I think it has been ok so far. But somehow since last week, I can't get my typing in korean correct. Double typing and incorrect word combinations happening. I tried few more explorer alternatives to see if the same happens on others, but xyplorer is the only one having this problem. I captured images and attached them. One is from windows explorer and the other incorrect one is from xyplorer.
Please let me know if you need further explanations or more images so system information.

image1: correct typing with windows explorer
correct typing.jpg
correct typing.jpg (9.36 KiB) Viewed 862 times
image2: incorrect typing with xyplorer (I typed the same way and speed as I did in windows explorer)
incorrect typing with xyplorer.jpg
incorrect typing with xyplorer.jpg (11.13 KiB) Viewed 862 times
Current system info is:
Laptop: lenovo x250

I searched for answers and found some threads so far. I am attaching the various information. Some say I need to change system locale to korean because it is set to english as for now. But I don't understand because xyplorer is the only application having this problem.
various information.png
various information.png (19.84 KiB) Viewed 844 times
I found the exact same issue here : viewtopic.php?t=4603
The discussion ended with no solutions. :(
Last edited by meoohps on 18 Jun 2018 15:19, edited 1 time in total.

meoohps

Re: incorrect word combination while typing korean

Post by meoohps »

I found the exact same problem here. viewtopic.php?t=4603
I checked the date and the issue was reported back in 2010. :(

Would you please let me know how to fix this? Above discussion thread ended up with no solutions.

meoohps

Post by meoohps »

I found someone said it could be fixed by changing system locale to korean. Tried but no luck so far.
After reading many bug reports here, I realized that xyplorer has some issues with asian(?) country typings. I found japanese, chinese and vietnamese had similar problems.

As written in the previous post, my issue is not about displaying some strange characters when I type for filename. I don't know how to explain this, but let me try.

Let's say. To make one word like "님", I need to press three keys "ㄴ" + "ㅣ" + "ㅁ". MS korean laugage support automatically put them together into one word. Somehow in xyplorer I get all the keys I pressed including the correct word in the end like "ㄴㅣ ㅁ 님".

I don't know if I can explain any better and I wonder if there is anyone look into this. :(
Anybody?? HELP!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are many users from Korea (and other East-Asian countries). I never heard such complaints from them. There must be some other factor.

meoohps

Post by meoohps »

would you give me what "some other factors" i should check? i tried system locale changes, tried different versions of xyplorers.

jupe

Post by jupe »

As a troubleshooting step, you could try closing ALL background apps like the ones in the system tray (or restart in Safe mode), sometimes things like clipboard managers, mouse + keyboard software, even security software etc can interfere with things like this, especially OEM software usually included on a laptop.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

meoohps wrote:I think it has been ok so far. But somehow since last week, I can't get my typing in korean correct.
Could you also recheck whether this problem does not happen with an older version?
You find older versions here: https://www.xyplorer.com/freezer.php