V10.0.000 crashes with Windows Explorer

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
capun

V10.0.000 crashes with Windows Explorer

Post by capun »

In the past I could use XYPlorer and Windows Explorer at the same time, it seems that with the newer version it does not work and hangs the system, which in turn has caused major problems with other applications not starting.

I have a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit patched up, I would set XYPlorer to do a backup (incremental) of one disk to another. If I do something with Windows Explorer, the copy/backup job hangs. In some cases I could use the Task Manager to shut XYPlorer to shut down. But the system will not shut down or restart properly, I have to eventually push the power down switch to completely shut it down.

In one of these cycles 3DS Max R9 (32-bit) and 3DS Max 2009 (32-bit) cannot start properly and getting error messages.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Thx

RalphM

Re: V10.0.000 crashes with Windows Explorer

Post by RalphM »

Bug hunting relies on detailed info on the circumstances which starts with a proper version number of the XY you're running - are you seriously reporting an error with version 10? If yes, I wouldn't call it "newer". If you rollback to your "older" version does everything work again?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)