Location Currently Not Available

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
kinook

Re: Location Currently Not Available

Post by kinook »

Native 64-bit XY? That would be huge! Coming soon?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ASAP. In this case it will be about 6 months. It's a lot of work but surely worth it.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Good afternoon all,
I have experienced the "Location Currently Not Available" for some time but haven't taken the time to really figure out why and what steps need to be taken to recreate. Also, a quick restart of XY always fixed my issue.

Lately I have been working on some BitLocker PS1 scripts. These scripts mount, detach, attach, etc. my VHDXs and do some file maintenance on them. As part of script testing, I am constantly attaching and detaching the files.

In this setup, I can recreate this message each time.
1. XY is opened when the VHDX is not attached/mounted as a drive letter.
2. I browse to the VHDX location, right-click it and choose Mount. The drive is mounted and drive letter assigned correctly.
3. I have a CTB that runs a script to reset my panes to specific locations. These locations are always present and are on the HDDs, not on the VHDX. When I click my CTB, it resets the panes and displays the "Location Currently Not Available" message.
NOTE : The tab that displays the message is a pinned, default tab; however, I seem to have this message displayed in every single pinned tab.
4. Restart XY and everything is fine.

Image-013.png (7.08 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
CTB:
Image-014.png
Image-014.png (24.93 KiB) Viewed 1335 times