Error when dragging mail attachment

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
tiw123

Error when dragging mail attachment

Post by tiw123 »

Hello,

when I drag a mail attachment (e.g. an .xls file) from an Outlook Mail Window to the list pane of TrackerV3, the "Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument" occurs even before dropping. After clicking "OK" TrackerV3 ends immediately.

Regards,
Thomas

PS: When dragging with the right mouse button I get (after dropping) the message "Nothing to drop.". And, although the mouse icon showed the "+"-sign (which means copying), the attachment is removed from the mail afterwards.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Error when dragging mail attachment

Post by admin »

Hi!
tiw123 wrote:when I drag a mail attachment (e.g. an .xls file) from an Outlook Mail Window to the list pane of TrackerV3, the "Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument" occurs even before dropping. After clicking "OK" TrackerV3 ends immediately.
Interesting, never tried to do that. I'm not even sure if I can drag attachments from Outlook Express (don't have Outlook).
Anyway, I half-fixed it: it won't crash anymore, but it won't drop anything either.

So, how do you exactly drag attachments?

tiw123

Post by tiw123 »

Attachments in Outlook (Office 2003) appear as icons either inside the text (if the mail is in rtf format) or in the mail header (if it's plain text or html format).

I take such an icon and drag it to TrackerV3's list pane. In doing so, the mouse cursor changes to its usual copy-appearence (with the "+"-sign).

PS: Meanwhile I installed 3.60.0141 (mainly because of the paste function on the white space of the list pane, I really missed it). Now, all drag/drop of mail attachments lead to the message "Nothing to drop.".

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tiw123 wrote:Attachments in Outlook (Office 2003) appear as icons either inside the text (if the mail is in rtf format) or in the mail header (if it's plain text or html format).
Can't do that in Outlook Express.
tiw123 wrote:PS: Meanwhile I installed 3.60.0141 (mainly because of the paste function on the white space of the list pane, I really missed it). Now, all drag/drop of mail attachments lead to the message "Nothing to drop.".
Weird, my fix is not yet uploaded... so it auto-fixed, what a great software! :D