Strange behavior involving mouse and suspend auto-refresh

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
drus5203

Strange behavior involving mouse and suspend auto-refresh

Post by drus5203 »

I have reproduced the following behavior on two PCs running Windows 10 and 8, and a newer and older CPU, both with an SSD:

1) When I launch XYplorer from the taskbar, then immediately move the mouse over the XYplorer window, suspend auto-refresh will be on and will remain on until I click it off or change to a different folder. This happens with any XYplorer refresh settings on a local disk drive, right from the fresh install.

2) But, if I launch XYplorer from the taskbar, then wait a second or two **before moving the mouse cursor over** the XYplorer window (this is important), suspend auto-refresh will not be on and will work as I expect it to.

When suspend auto-refresh is left on as in the first case, and the red icon for it is on the toolbar, it will not visually indicate that it is on. If I click the icon once, then it will be off and a second click will highlight it normally and turn it back on.

I have tested this behavior on the latest full version, and on the latest free version, and the behavior is the same. In fact, I bought the full version today hoping that this would be fixed, or will be eventually. The way I work (opening and closing the file manager a lot), it really gets annoying when I run a batch file to compile a program and I can't see the results until I click refresh.

Thanks for your great program :tup: (but please look into this!),
Donnie

highend

Re: Strange behavior involving mouse and suspend auto-refresh

Post by highend »

I wouldn't have thought it but I can confirm this behavior...

Server 2012 R2 (Win 8.1), XY current beta / last Free. It doesn't matter if they are started from an SSD / Ram disk or an external harddrive here...

It does not only happen when they are started from the taskbar but also if started e.g. from another XY window / Windows Explorer.

When starting it up and the mouse cursor is immediately moved when the window pops up -> Suspend Auto-Refresh stays activated
When starting it up and the mouse cursor stays still for one second before it is moved -> Suspend Auto-Refresh is not active

Is this happening by design, Don?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Re: Strange behavior involving mouse and suspend auto-refresh

Post by admin »

Wow, fascinating! One timer-delayed action has overwritten a previous not-yet triggered one. Fixed in next beta.

Thanks, good find! :tup: :cup: