XYplorerTag.dat gets emptied if...

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
rur54

XYplorerTag.dat gets emptied if...

Post by rur54 »

Hi, this is ether a bug or I do not know what I am doing...
version 18.50, win 7pro (not sure if os matters)
Also I am writing from a different pc right now and can not check proper steps.

I have saved/exported my tag data to nas drive into my family photos folder as "XYplorerTag.dat"
That way I can keep it separate from all else.

Every time I open xyplorer I have to load that tag data with: (as it is not loaded automatically...)
tagload("V:\XYplorerTag.dat");
Now my tags show up fine...

Here is the thing...
It is all fine as long as I close xyplorer with a tab pointing to another directory that does not contain tagged files.
Then I can load custom tag data and all good.

But, If I am to close xyplorer (as I did one evening) with tab still in photo folder, next time I open xyplorer it wipes my network "XYplorerTag.dat" file.
My XYplorerTag.dat went from 400KB to 1KB.. opened in txt editor just to find all filepaths were gone.
Luckily I had a backup.

I tried few times and same thing happened.
Tab (address bar) has to point to a directory that does not have tags before I close it. Otherwise it just wipes the file.

tag.data in data folder is just fine. No problem there.

Not sure if this is fixed in newer version.. just downloaded update so will try again later.
Cheers

admin
Site Admin

Re: XYplorerTag.dat gets emptied if...

Post by admin »

Made a quick test and cannot confirm it. Let's see what you get with the current version...

rur54

Re: XYplorerTag.dat gets emptied if...

Post by rur54 »

hi writing from phone so will be quick...

just installed new version and emptied my tagdata file on first open right away.
My tag data file.is on nas drive.
I renamed backup file and re-loaded tag data and all well. shotdown and restart xyplorer did not empty it.
Now I will let windows sit for a while and will open xyplorer again and see what happens.