External Copy Handlers Not Working

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
ddjksa

External Copy Handlers Not Working

Post by ddjksa »

Hi

I've tried using both TeraCopy and FastCopy as external copy handlers using the configuration detailed in the help file (eg. for TeraCopy I entered "TeraCopy (Rename All)|%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/RenameAll" without the quotes". When I try and copy I get the message box "TeraCopy (Rename All) failed. Press OK to try with Custom Copy" . Similar error message when trying to use FastCopy. I am using the latest version (18.70.0100) on a 64bit version of Windows 7 Enterprise. Also as an extra weird thing, when I subsequently clear the external copy handler configuration box (ie. no entries) and try and use XYPlorer custom copy, I still get the error message "TeraCopy (Rename All) failed. Press OK to try with Custom Copy". Any help much appreciated as Windows copy is pants.

TIA :kidding:

jupe

Re: External Copy Handlers Not Working

Post by jupe »

You may need to change %ProgramFiles% to %ProgramW6432% on 64bit Windows, or try entering the full absolute path, or have you installed TeraCopy and FastCopy to custom locations? Here is a link to another thread if you want to see if any of the suggestions there help:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14929&p=130933#p130933
ddjksa wrote:Also as an extra weird thing, when I subsequently clear the external copy handler configuration box (ie. no entries) and try and use XYPlorer custom copy, I still get the error message "TeraCopy (Rename All) failed. Press OK to try with Custom Copy"
Instead of leaving the box empty press enter once so there is a blank line and then select XYplorer from the dropdown once you have pressed ok in the dialog where you enter the custom handlers, this does seem to be a minor bug.

ddjksa

Re: External Copy Handlers Not Working

Post by ddjksa »

Thanks Jupe...got hem both working with your suggestion of using the full pathnames.

:appl: :appl: