Unusable rows are added to tags database on attempt to add label to unselected list item

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
hogaty

Unusable rows are added to tags database on attempt to add label to unselected list item

Post by hogaty »

I noticed that on attempt to add label to item in unselected row of the list via tag menu is corresponding label permanently added to tags database, but is never displayed in the list. Unusable rows are added to tags database in this manner. Can be that side effect removed ?
When I add label via tag menu to selected item in the list, then is all OK - label is added to tags database and displayed in the list.

Tested versions of XYplorer: 18.60.0000, 18.60.0205

Hogaty

highend

Re: Unusable rows are added to tags database on attempt to add label to unselected list item

Post by highend »

Does not happen here with 18.60.0205...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Re: Unusable rows are added to tags database on attempt to add label to unselected list item

Post by admin »

Neither here. Cannot reproduce.

hogaty

Post by hogaty »

Xyplorer v.13.90.0100 and lower versions are all OK.
Affected are xyplorer v.13.90.0117 to v.18.60.205 .
When I rightclick on item which is unselected in list in column "Label" and select color from menu, then item is tagged, but item is still displayed without any label. Corresponding tag record is permanently added to the tags database, but this record is unusable - in this manner labeled item is then all the time displayed as non labeled.
admin wrote:Neither here. Cannot reproduce.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This happens
- with all files?
- in all folders?
- with all labels?

hogaty

Post by hogaty »

This happens (labels are set but not displayed) only for all subfolders and files accessed via "This Computer\Desktop" .
When are the same files and subfolders of "This Computer\Desktop" accessed via D:\users\Peter\desktop then are all previously added labels visible.

Windows system is installed on drive C: , user data are set to D:
I use Czech version of Win 10, where "Desktop" is named "Plocha" and "This Computer" is named "Tento počítač".

Equivalent paths are in my real situation (Czech Win 10) named:

"Tento počítač\Plocha"
"D:\users\Peter\Plocha"
admin wrote:This happens
- with all files?
- in all folders?
- with all labels?

highend

Post by highend »

Probably a locale (encoding) problem. Works fine with english chars, even for files under Computer\Desktop...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I see no encoding problem here. These areas are all fully Unicode aware.

Still a mystery to me.

hogaty

Post by hogaty »

This can be important difference,when it happens or not happens (notice with bold, underlined text)

Files and subfolders are accessed via "This Computer\Desktop","This Computer\Documents","This Computer\Downloads" and the same files and subfolders accessed via "D:\users\Peter\Desktop","D:\users\Peter\Documents","D:\users\Peter\Downloads".

Example:
When I rightclick on item which is unselected in list in column "Label" and select color from menu, then item is tagged and label is not displayed via "This Computer\Desktop" but label is displayed via "D:\users\Peter\Desktop"

When I rightclick on item which is selected in list in column "Label" and select color from menu, then item is tagged and label is correctly displayed via "This Computer\Desktop", but label is not displayed via "D:\users\Peter\Desktop"

Items which are tagged with labels and displayed with labels in "This Computer\Desktop" are not displayed with labels in "D:\users\Peter\Desktop" and vice versa.

Items can even be differently tagged and displayed with different labels in these same placements.

Nothing more than I mentioned.
admin wrote:I see no encoding problem here. These areas are all fully Unicode aware.

Still a mystery to me.