4K Scaling Problems...

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Gogolo

4K Scaling Problems...

Post by Gogolo »

Hi

I use a 4K Screen. XYPlorer on Win10 looks only good when I start it with dpi scale override activated and in the dropdwon menu "system(enhanced)". (Otherwise XYPlorer is blurry or everything too big). But when I open a Office Document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Office starts super small, the whole window is only a quarter of the screen, but weirdly the mouse is still scaled on the whole screen. :?

So somethings wrong... (this only happens when opening Office). Opening Office from windows explorer is fine. Also when Office is already open it scales ok then, when opening a document from XYPlorer.

Thanks for looking into it.
Olivier

admin
Site Admin

Re: 4K Scaling Problems...

Post by admin »

First time I hear this. So dpi scale override is inherited? Is this on Win10 Creators Update?

steven5c

Post by steven5c »

I am having the same issue. When I open a program within XY, that program launches very tiny. If I use XY right click menu, and select, 'open with' the program launches normally.

How do I correct this?

Thanks,
Steve

jupe

Post by jupe »

My suggestion I am about to give isn't going to fix the root cause of this issue it's just something you might want to give a shot if like the original poster you are running XY in DPI scale override, you could try disabling that and then add the touchscreen button to the XY toolbar and enable touchscreen mode, right click on the button to customize the settings (like scale toolbar) if it's not to your liking straight away, anyway this is just a way that might mitigate the problem for you, no promises, or you may not like the results.

I don't have a 4k screen so I have no idea how it would look though.

steven5c

Post by steven5c »

Example.png
Example.png (83.38 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
Hi Jupe, I gave your suggestion a try, and it didn't change the icon sizes.

When you look at my screen shot, imagine the text within the directory tree and tabs are a normal size. Then shrink the icons by the same amount. That's what I see without the 'over ride high dpi'

Steve

steven5c

Post by steven5c »

I played around some more. I got your idea to work. I needed to select 'scale toolbar' within the touchscreen option menu. This is a good work-around

Thanks,
Steve