Phone contents not accessible

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
tbm

Phone contents not accessible

Post by tbm »

Just been trying out Xyplorer since I had to clean install Win 10 last week and I really like it, to the point of just being about to purchase it.

However it looks like it's unable to manage my phone (Android) as a portable device. The phone only appears in XY after a restart and even then it doesn't display the content. I've seen a couple of similar bugs that seem to mention that a recent Win 10 Update as the culprit but that was from a couple of months ago so I presume MS haven't been helpful in offering any guidance.

Is this something that has a possibility of being fixed in the foreseeable? I appreciate you're probably at the whim of the lack of documentation but I'll probably have to pass for now if I can't use it to access my phone content.

Extremely capable in all other areas though :)

highend

Re: Phone contents not accessible

Post by highend »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17957
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17397
and a few other threads :mrgreen:

In short, he is (still) working on it (because of the lack of documentation of MS)...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Aliba123

Post by Aliba123 »

The memory (card and phone) of my smartphone is not displayed.
There is only a question mark with a circle but no content.
How can I view the memory contents?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's an issue with the latest Win 10 Creators Updates. It's on my list.

BobHy

Post by BobHy »

This seems to have been an issue for a long time. I hope that it is very high on your list.

bikasgaur

Post by bikasgaur »

admin wrote:That's an issue with the latest Win 10 Creators Updates. It's on my list.
How long more before the issue get resolved? Any ETA? For I've upgraded multiple times my Win 10 but the issue still prissiest since long now.

Bikas Gaur
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp
Last edited by bikasgaur on 06 Apr 2018 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

tedy

Post by tedy »

This (or similar) has been an issue for years, different versions, different Windows'.
XY has issues (at least for me) recognizing/working with USB devices - I plug a flash drive, sometimes the toolbar reflects that, sometimes not (the toolbar contains dynamic list of removable devices/letters), then after removing (safely) the device, most of the time the toolbar doesn't reflect that in the toolbar and it stays as if it's still connected.
Along with the local networking issues, this is the second thing that forces me to switching to Windows Explorer every now and then. Ah yes, peculiarities related to the lack of 64 bit version too.
Still, haven't found a better alternative yet..

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tedy wrote:XY has issues (at least for me) recognizing/working with USB devices - I plug a flash drive, sometimes the toolbar reflects that, sometimes not (the toolbar contains dynamic list of removable devices/letters), then after removing (safely) the device, most of the time the toolbar doesn't reflect that in the toolbar and it stays as if it's still connected.
Well, that has nothing to do with the Win10 Creators Update phone issue. I'm not aware about open issues with USB recognition. You should better open a new thread about this.

frankst237

Post by frankst237 »

Hello, I realise this is an old post but does anyone believe it is fixed?

This problem (of storage not being accessible) happens with smartphones (I have just upgraded from a Samsung S7 to a Samsung A52S) and also with my old Canon IXUS camera that has an SD card for storage.

Windows Explorer is the only way I have to view / shuffle files and items on my phones and camera storage card. On the phones, the actual storage space is within the phone and not on an SD / MicroSD card so it is part of the basic component set within the phones.

If this is believed fixed, I assume I must not have a setting somewhere with the right value - if this is the case can anyone give me some help in finding it and making the setting correct?

Apart from this current problem (bug) I have found XYP very good to use with many more (better) features than Windows Explorer so it would be good to get this one sorted.

Thanks, Frank

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This should be ticked: Configuration | General | Tree and List | Items in Tree and List | Show portable devices

frankst237

Post by frankst237 »

Hello, Thanks for the reply.

The "Show Portable Devices" box is already ticked. I am attaching a screenshote of my Configuration page just in case there is a different issue that I have managed to create in some way.

Also attached is a series of screenshots showing the file structure in Windows Explorer and XYPlorer - Windows Explorer "sees" the folder contents but XYP does not.

Any more ideas please?

Thanks, Frank
Attachments
XYP Config.JPG
XYP Config.JPG (108.16 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
XYP 3.JPG
XYP 3.JPG (23.75 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
XYP 2.JPG
XYP 2.JPG (20.06 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
XYP 1.JPG
XYP 1.JPG (39.48 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
WinEx1.JPG
WinEx1.JPG (30.63 KiB) Viewed 1160 times

jupe

Post by jupe »

Upgrade to the latest version and retry, the 18.90 version you are using was before the Win10 fixes.

frankst237

Post by frankst237 »

Well, how foolish can I be!!!! Thank you jupe for that problem solving answer - I never even considered an update, just assuming that there would be a prompt to update to a new version.

Thanks everyone else for thoughts and responses. I now have a working XYPlorwe to access my phone.

Compliments of the season to all and here's hoping we all have a better 2022.

Frank