Bugs ver 18.50.0205

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
ahinterl

Bugs ver 18.50.0205

Post by ahinterl »

These are the most annoying bugs that I encounter:
  • Font preview blocks file/folder operations
    Font preview blocks file operations such as folder or file rename; a font file needs to be deselected first so that the preview pane doesn't show the glyphs before such operations can be performed
  • Pane activation not possible
    In many cases (being in dual pane mode), I cannot make a pane active by simply clicking in the empty area
  • Folder list inconsistency
    I repeatedly had situations where the folders listed in one of the panes differed from what was listed in tree view (pane lists more folders); when double-clicking a folder that was visible in the pane but not in the tree view, instead of the folder content, a message was shown that the folder was not available at that time; of course I did everything to refresh tree and pane(s); this major flaw renders XYplorer untrustworthy; restarting XYplorer re-populated the tree and cleaned up everything
  • GUI blocking upon moving dialogs
    Some dialogs like file copying block the GUI completely for the time they're being moved around the screen (=everything stops)
  • "Destroyed" glyphs in font preview
    Font preview often presents completely wrong pictures of glyphs (interpunction characters instead of letters/digits)
  • Long startup time
    I repeatedly tried to find the cause for the long startup times of XYPlorer but found no cure yet. Looks like if the config file is default, everything is fine, but the more I use XYplorer the longer the startup time gets
  • Custom column calculation slows file listing even when not used
    Even when not used in a pane list view, custom columns that calculate something are refreshed and consume time
Good product, hope things can be resolved...
Andreas

admin
Site Admin

Re: Bugs ver 18.50.0205

Post by admin »

Thanks for the report. Each point has to discussed separately though (in a separate thread). And not all of them are "bugs" (e.g. "Long startup time" is a usage *question* -- XY is commonly know to have an extremely fast startup time, so this is something that needs be sorted out at your end). So, assuming you are interested in answer I suggest you open a thread for each question. Start with the one that's most important to you.