Selection gets reset on background tabs

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
reyaz

Selection gets reset on background tabs

Post by reyaz »

This started after one of recent updates (could've happened few months ago). Previously, when some file is selected in one tab, the selection did not get reset after some time while the tab was not being active. Now, it gets reset - first file gets selected, scroll position also gets to the top. Not immediately, but after some time.

The tab in question is also a folder where new files gets occasionally added from another application (download folder). New files get added from the top of the view. This means that when some new files get added to the folder, the view in the tab may shift and selection may be lost from the view. But in this case I can press Up or Down to highlight nearest files and get back to last selected files. However, from what I understand, this should not reset selection and scroll position. I may be wrong.

I didn't find relevant options in application settings. It'd be great if this could be looked at and fixed at some point.

Thanks.

reyaz

Re: Selection gets reset on background tabs

Post by reyaz »

Is this a known issue?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You mean within the session? (Not after exit / restart) Cannot confirm. Selections should and do survive tab switches. Even if new files are added to that tab in the background.

reyaz

Post by reyaz »

Yes, same session. I just select some file at one tab, then switch to another tab. Few hours later I return back to the first tab and the selection is reset. Files are sorted by creation date. How can I debug this?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'll watch it. If I can reproduce it, I can fix it.