Issue w/new vertical distance

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
VeeGee

Issue w/new vertical distance

Post by VeeGee »

Good afternoon all,
Testing v18.50.0009 - 2017-10-12 19:05, the spacing between the files is odd (assuming has to be w/the new extra px feature). If I scroll to the top, I get the extra space; however, the display of files below are slightly squished together. If I scroll down a few files using my mouse wheel and then back up to the top, the file listing display is squished. If I click on a file and then a space buffer is applied and everything visually shifts down. From what I see, it only happens when I am scrolled to the very top and click on files below (after scrolling down slightly).

admin
Site Admin

Re: Issue w/new vertical distance

Post by admin »

I can see nothing here on my end that is not intended.

Files slightly squished together? Not here. Maybe that's an optical illusion? Did you measure the distance with a screen ruler? Or can you send a screenshot?

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

I rolled back to 18.50 Official. I'll re-install the beta and take some screenshots for you. Here is some screen information to help out :

Screen: 2560x1440, 1/2 (Primary), Virtual: (-1920, 0) - (4480, 1440), Work: (0, 0) - (2560, 1390)
Screen DPI: 120 (125%), twx: 12, stretch: 1
Screen Color Depth: 32
DPI awareness: Per monitor
UseDPIAwareIconSizes: Yes, Yes
Icon Size: Small=16, Large=32
Icon Size Controls: Small=20, Large=40
Icon Size Recommended: Small=20, Large=40

Update. I am using Snipping Tool on Windows 10. When I click to capture a screenshot, the display updates and XY display looks normal. I can reproduce this each time w/a scroll up and then down again, but when the screen redraws, it corrects itself. This behavior does not happen on 18.50 Official. Sometimes I see users posting little GIFs. What are they using to make those ? I could try and use that method so you can see what I do.

highend

Post by highend »

What are they using to make those
http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

VeeGee wrote:Update. I am using Snipping Tool on Windows 10. When I click to capture a screenshot, the display updates and XY display looks normal. I can reproduce this each time w/a scroll up and then down again, but when the screen redraws, it corrects itself. This behavior does not happen on 18.50 Official. Sometimes I see users posting little GIFs. What are they using to make those ? I could try and use that method so you can see what I do.
Did you read the release notes:

Code: Select all

v18.50.0009 - 2017-10-12 19:05
    * List: Didn't like the new top distance the way it was done. Got a better 
      idea: Now the distance is only done when the list is scrolled to the top
      (or has no scrollbar at all). Feels more natural that way, and gives a cool 
      subtle snap-in effect when scrolling to the top.
Isn't that exactly what you are seeing? It's intended like this. Snap-in effect!

Linkaday
Location: Hamburg, Germany - Win 10 Home v22H2 x64 1920x1080 (100%)

Post by Linkaday »

Squished.jpg
Squished.jpg (28.26 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
Squished not.jpg
Squished not.jpg (30.08 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
You can only capture this by using hotkeys in capture tool (here: Faststone) or like Highend said.
The snap-in-effect happens immediately when an outside control is clicked - in Xyplorer only after clicking in the tree, tab bar, Status bar / LFB but not in list.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Looking wrong indeed. Gonna check tomorrow...

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Thanks highend for the software link.
Thanks admin for taking a look.

admin - yes, I did read the notes. I do for every release. I hope I can capture it properly so you can see what I see. It is near identical to Linkaday's screenshot, although a little more squished. It also looks odd when a file is selected and you use the arrow keys to go up and down (referred to as the snap-in effect). If this effect sticks around, any chance on making it optional/enabled by tweak, etc. ?

I was having a hard time capturing what I am seeing. I see Linkaday posted a tip about hotkeys, so I'll try that.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I now saw it even in a fresh instance. You can expect a fix tomorrow.

Make it optional? Well, looks like. Even the exact amount of the effect. That way I can make it even stronger for me. :mrgreen:

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Because I was curious to see what you had done, I looked at this on a friends system. What are you wasting your time at Don?

ListTopHeadroom=64
Scroll to the bottom of the list and this is what you see:
Screenshot - 13_10_2017 , 17_08_09 002.png
Screenshot - 13_10_2017 , 17_08_09 002.png (21.36 KiB) Viewed 1758 times
Obviously, the spacing between the repeated filenames will be less if ListTopHeadroom is less.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, and there were other issues, too. I removed it. Not worth the trouble.