Problem with search results

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
peterbonge

Problem with search results

Post by peterbonge »

When using tools like Attribute Changer or Path Copy with search results where the files are located in different folders the paths aren't transfered correctly. TrackerV3 uses the path of the clicked file for all files.

And especially in the the search results window I'm missing options to copy all the paths and all paths/filenames to the clipboard.
Regards,
Peter Bonge

My System: Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit, German

admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with search results

Post by admin »

peterbonge wrote:When using tools like Attribute Changer or Path Copy with search results where the files are located in different folders the paths aren't transfered correctly. TrackerV3 uses the path of the clicked file for all files.
So what? Attribute Changing and Path Copying is built into TV3. :D
peterbonge wrote:And especially in the the search results window I'm missing options to copy all the paths and all paths/filenames to the clipboard.
Are you talking about the "File Path/Name" command? Hmm, I'll change that. Weird that it's not possible now! :D

peterbonge

Post by peterbonge »

admin wrote:So what? Attribute Changing and Path Copying is built into TV3. :D
Yes, but this doesn't change the fact that the path informations of the search results aren't transfered correctly to other context menu tools.

And the Attribute Changer has a big advantage (for me): You can easily change the date/time to the actual date/time via the context menu.
And one thing is bugging me when I want to change the date/time of multiple files: I have to select one file before I can select more files and modify the date/time. If no files are selected and I select more files at once (e.g. with Ctrl+A) the General File Info tab is empty.
Are you talking about the "File Path/Name" command? Hmm, I'll change that. Weird that it's not possible now! :D
Yes, and the "File Path" of course.
Regards,
Peter Bonge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

peterbonge wrote:
admin wrote:So what? Attribute Changing and Path Copying is built into TV3. :D
Yes, but this doesn't change the fact that the path informations of the search results aren't transfered correctly to other context menu tools.
True. Can't help it at the moment.
peterbonge wrote:And the Attribute Changer has a big advantage (for me): You can easily change the date/time to the actual date/time via the context menu.
That's all? And which date/time, last-modified?
peterbonge wrote:And one thing is bugging me when I want to change the date/time of multiple files: I have to select one file before I can select more files and modify the date/time. If no files are selected and I select more files at once (e.g. with Ctrl+A) the General File Info tab is empty.
The idea is to give you a start somewhere. One could of course default to Now...

peterbonge

Post by peterbonge »

admin wrote:
peterbonge wrote:And the Attribute Changer has a big advantage (for me): You can easily change the date/time to the actual date/time via the context menu.
That's all? And which date/time, last-modified?
In AC it's integrated in the context menu of the time fields (of course all 3). It isn't changing the file(s) immediately, it is just changing the content of the time fields. And there is a context menu entry to change all 3 fields at once. But this is not so important. If you have trouble with changing the context menu you could add a third button to all 3 time fields.

And there are 2 other things which are more or less interesting: AC is able to change the date/time of folders and there is an option to add some time (e.g. a week). And of course you can use AC with Open/Save dialogs. But this is a common problem of functions build into file managers... :)
Regards,
Peter Bonge

peterbonge

Post by peterbonge »

I see that all important things are now possible in v3.60.0133. Great work!
Regards,
Peter Bonge