I set up to open the flv file with KMPlayer.exe, but the shortcut is not open.

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
kuiwu_cn

Post by kuiwu_cn »

13.png
13.png (42.23 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
15.png
15.png (24.59 KiB) Viewed 1103 times

highend

Re: I set up to open the flv file with KMPlayer.exe, but the shortcut is not open.

Post by highend »

XY reacts on the file extension you're acting on. In this case it's just the .lnk, not the .flv file directly...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

kuiwu_cn

Re: I set up to open the flv file with KMPlayer.exe, but the shortcut is not open.

Post by kuiwu_cn »

I think the *.lnk suffix is handled specifically. Otherwise, the use of the above is very inconvenient.

highend

Post by highend »

One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

kuiwu_cn

Post by kuiwu_cn »

In the windows system, if you set the flv file open with KMPlayer.exe, then the LNK file will also be opened with KMPlayer.exe. So it should be like this in XYplorer. Scripts should not be used to handle them.

kuiwu_cn

Post by kuiwu_cn »

We use XYplorer instead of explorer, and explorer supports this functionality. Why doesn't XYplorer support it?

Most users don't know how to write scripts. However, shortcuts are often used.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This behavior was changed in 20160428 due to this thread: http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15801

However, I admit that your expectations are totally natural. I wonder that not more users complained about this.

I will add an option so both ways will be possible:
1) resolve links *before* PFA matching
2) resolve links *after* PFA matching (= current way)

kuiwu_cn

Post by kuiwu_cn »

Thank you very much. XYplorer is a great software. I am very supportive of your work.

With such a problem, a small number of users may no longer use the software, and most users may suffer from this problem, with only a small number of users feedback. (because it takes time to communicate with you.)

I think we should consider the user's habits. In the windows system, if you set the flv file open with KMPlayer.exe, then the LNK file will also be opened with KMPlayer.exe. This is obvious.

(My English is not very good, it may not express very well.)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, I agree.

(And I can understand your English very well.)