After the file was deleted, the file name displayed in the recycle bin is incorrect.

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
kuiwu_cn

After the file was deleted, the file name displayed in the recycle bin is incorrect.

Post by kuiwu_cn »

I created the "1. test.txt" file and then deleted it, but the name of the file displayed at the recycle bin is "1.txt".

11.png
11.png (11.83 KiB) Viewed 933 times
12.png
12.png (17.36 KiB) Viewed 933 times
Last edited by kuiwu_cn on 31 Jul 2017 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

kuiwu_cn

Re: After the file was deleted, the file name displayed in the recycle bin is incorrect.

Post by kuiwu_cn »

I created the "1. test.txt" file and then deleted it, but the name of the file displayed at the recycle bin is "1.txt".

kuiwu_cn

Re: After the file was deleted, the file name displayed in the recycle bin is incorrect.

Post by kuiwu_cn »

Do you understand what I mean? Isn't that a mistake?

(I bought your legitimate software the day before yesterday. Please read my feedback. Thank you.)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Looks like a mistake, but I cannot reproduce it here. I created a file "1. test.txt", deleted it, and it appears as "1. test.txt" in the Recycle Bin. I also can restore it without problems.

I tried the same with hidden extensions (as in your screenshots): again all works alright.

kuiwu_cn

Post by kuiwu_cn »

I think this is not rigorous enough. It is a mistake to not display the file name correctly in the recycle bin. You see, in the recycle bin of Windows system, the file name displayed very clearly.

01.png
01.png (12.11 KiB) Viewed 878 times
02-1.png
02-1.png (28.54 KiB) Viewed 878 times
03.png
03.png (20.05 KiB) Viewed 878 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually this looks like a Windows shell bug to me because that wrong filename is given to XYplorer by Windows. And that bug is in Windows 10, but not in Windows 8.

I assume to have set Windows File Explorer to "Hide Extensions", right? And I assume that the problem will disappear when you set Windows File Explorer to "Show Extensions".

kuiwu_cn

Post by kuiwu_cn »

I use the Win8.1 system.

I set Windows File Explorer to "Hide Extensions". Usually, we set it this way.

Why are the second filenames correct while the first file name is wrong? Tomorrow, I'll download other explorer to see if there is any such problem.

snap_screen_20170801190018.png
snap_screen_20170801190018.png (12.89 KiB) Viewed 869 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I could now reproduce the issue in Win8.1 system when setting Windows File Explorer to "Hide Extensions".

I will add a work-around.

kuiwu_cn

Post by kuiwu_cn »

Thank you very much. XYplorer is a great software and I'm very supportive of your work.