Previewing a .mp4 video file blacks preview of .jpg files

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
john3774

Previewing a .mp4 video file blacks preview of .jpg files

Post by john3774 »

I have an MP4 file and .jpg files in the same directory. If I preview the .mp4 file, using the preview tab, then subsequent previews of the .jpg files show a black rectangle in the middle 90% of the .jpg. If I preview other files (Excel or PDF say), the black box goes away and I see the file. If I go back to the .jpg, the black box returns.
I have to restart XYPlorer to get rid of the black box.

XYPlorer version 18.00

thanks,
John

admin
Site Admin

Re: Previewing a .mp4 video file blacks preview of .jpg files

Post by admin »

This does not happen here. How is the MP4 previewed, do you see WMP controls, or XYplorer native controls (I mean the play, pause, stop buttons)?

john3774

Post by john3774 »

I click on the filename, and the movie starts to run.
The control pops up which allows you to stop or pause the video (These are the XY controls, not WMP). The control states "Type: MP4 video" at the top. (as I'd expect).

Some additional information:
If I click on a JPG, and resize the XYPlorer window, the black window behaves as if it's a seperate black screen in front of the JPG. This is a bit hard to describe in words, but the as I resize the whole window, the black window and the JPG behind it don't stick to exactly the same aspect ratio.
If I grow the Preview Pane by grabbing the middle bar, the JPG window will keep growing, but the black window doesn't grow the same and does not seem "anchored" to the same place as the JPG picture.

The Floating Preview shows the correct picture.

thanks, John

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have seen this years ago. But can't make it happen now. So I cannot see what to fix. :(