XYplorer not accessible during network copying

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Re: XYplorer not accessible during network copying

Post by admin »

So you have no servers in your network?

tedy

Post by tedy »

Of course I have. Read previous posts.
XY "thinks" I don't have. WExplorer "thinks" I don't have while enumerating too (but WE doesn't hang at all). As I said CIFS/SMB1 are disabled/uninstalled and as a result enumerating servers and shares on the network doesn't work. That's the problem - was the problem. Well, the real problem is MS tied both functions to SMB1 and when you disable it, enumerating network stops working as well. I live with that with no problem though.
In Windows Explorer when I enter \\192.168.3.15\my_share, it just opens it right away without any unnecessary (and unrequested) enumerating of servers.
But as I said, now XY behaves fine - it opens requested UNCs without delay without unnecessary enumeration.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Got it. Not a very common situation it seems.

I looked a bit at this flag (Assume that servers are available) and could improve it a bit. It might be already perfect for you, but for others it will be perfect in the next beta.

tedy

Post by tedy »

Thanks.
I'm glad if my posts will help make it better for others too.
I'm seeing more and more people turning off (or recommending online) CIFS/SMB1 after the last big vulnerability in SMB1 that affected maybe millions (also one of our servers and we almost lost valuable data because of crypto crap).
But enumerating in this case doesn't work anywhere, even in WExplorer, so this is something these people sacrifice for now.