Issue when exiting XYPlorer in some situations

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
MerleOne

Issue when exiting XYPlorer in some situations

Post by MerleOne »

Hi,
I run XYplorer on a Win 7 PC. Ususally, after exiting hibernation, when I try to exit XYplorer, nothing happens then I see the application is not responding... If I close the session and reopen it, the issue disappears. XYplorer with /fresh parameter exhibits the same issue. It's, AFAIK, the only app the behaves like this. Don't know where to look to solve this... Thanks for any help.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Issue when exiting XYPlorer in some situations

Post by admin »

You mean after waking up from hibernation? Never seen any such issue here. Anybody else?

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Yes. It used to happen almost always. Something in XY, not VB, since another VB6 program never had any problems. This was several years ago running XP, can't test now as Don knows.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. How do you exit XY?

2. You see any xyerrorlog.txt files in the <xydata> path?

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

1) Alt+F4 or the menu command, if I didn't want to save settings. Hardly ever used the rat!
2) Never checked, I don't think it existed when I could run XY.

MerleOne

Post by MerleOne »

admin wrote:You mean after waking up from hibernation? Never seen any such issue here. Anybody else?
Yes, but not always, it usually happens after a wake-up (from hibernation) and leaving the PC on a while. After some time the problem occurs. Difficult to see if it's related to hibernation. I think that trying just after an hibernation resume works fine.

MerleOne

Post by MerleOne »

admin wrote:1. How do you exit XY?

2. You see any xyerrorlog.txt files in the <xydata> path?
Just clicking on the close gadget (it's configured to exit, no iconify). I think it is the same if I try File/Exit (saving) or Alt-F4 but I'll try again.

Regarding errors, I'll try to have a look for such files (xyerrorlog.txt). Will report here.

Regards !

MerleOne

Post by MerleOne »

No xyerrorlog.txt anywhere on my HDD... Sorry !
Regards,
.merle1.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, thanks for the report. I don't see what's going on though, not the slightest idea. I'll continue thinking about it...

BTW, note that the error log files also contain the exact date in the name, e.g. xyerrorlog-2017-03-26_15-31-27.txt.
And no need to search your whole HDD, those files are in <xydata> (paste this into the address bar to go there).

MerleOne

Post by MerleOne »

admin wrote:OK, thanks for the report. I don't see what's going on though, not the slightest idea. I'll continue thinking about it...

BTW, note that the error log files also contain the exact date in the name, e.g. xyerrorlog-2017-03-26_15-31-27.txt.
And no need to search your whole HDD, those files are in <xydata> (paste this into the address bar to go there).
Thanks for the tip regarding <xydata>, actually I also looked into this folder. I usually rely on MasterSeeker to easily locate files on my system (all drives except network ones). Just launching the tool and typing xy err log txt shows there is no such file anywahere.

Regards,

.merle1.