Auto-Refresh is broken

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
tealduck

Auto-Refresh is broken

Post by tealduck »

I uninstalled the application and then placed a clean install back on my system. I've made very few changes to the configuration file in order to have a default install. Here are the only changes I have made:
turn off dual pane; turn off horizontal pane
General>Sort and Rename
Keep folders on top = true
Sort folders always ascending = true
Mixed sort on date columns = true
Mixed sort on tag columns = true
Mixed sort on pah columns = true
Natural numeric sort order = false

In list view, in one of the panes, I rename a file and the directory list does not update to show the new sorted order for the list. If I add a file to the directory then the correct sorting is applied. We can talk all day about Windows events all day but when the application that makes the change can't figure out a change has occurred that seems like a bug to me.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto-Refresh is broken

Post by admin »

No, it's a feature: Configuration | Sort and Rename | Rename | Resort list immediately after rename

tealduck

Post by tealduck »

Thank you for not replying with RTFM, although in this case it would have been warranted.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

RTFM is usually not used around here unless the answers need to be hammered in after all other avenues have failed.
For your next test there's never any need to uninstall XY for such tests, just copy XYplorer.exe into a temporary folder and start it from there which creates a new XY environment out of the box for testing purposes. When you're done just delete the temporary folder and use your original XY again.
Or, if your XY version supports scripting type "::fresh" into the address bar and the same happens on the fly.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)