Mouse Back Button, Back 2

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
GTMN

Mouse Back Button, Back 2

Post by GTMN »

When I hit the mouse back or forward button it skips back 2 with one click. Same with the forward click, 2 moves. Every other program correctly, 1 click, 1 back move. Help please.

Windows 10 Pro
XYplorer 17.8 Paid Version

admin
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Back Button, Back 2

Post by admin »

Welcome to the club!

Don't have such a mouse here for testing. Can anybody else confirm this?

Don

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

If it's the thumb buttons on the mouse (here: Logitech): I see no problems.

Just doing the same as Alt-Right and Alt-Left.
(Very convenient, I must say! Though even more used in Firefox!)
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Tested with Logitech M705 and no problems either, works without a flaw.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Trasd

Post by Trasd »

I have a Logitech M570 Trackball on both my desktop and my laptop.

On my desktop, I have the opposite problem: the Back and Forward buttons are not recognized at all! No matter what I do, I cannot get them to work (since upgrading to Win 10, if memory serves).

On my laptop, the exact same trackball works flawlessly,

On my desktop, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Logitech drivers and did the same with XYplorer, with no joy (nothing has helped). As a last-ditch effort, I installed a generic USB mouse hoping it would recognize those buttons - nope, nothing.

I'm open to suggestions.....
Trasd

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." A.C.C.

"I'll tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." J. M.

highend

Post by highend »

I'm open to suggestions
Same trackball, I'm using X-Mouse Button Control (http://www.highrez.co.uk/)
to use a double click on the thumb button, different scroll speeds for various applications, etc..
NO logitech drivers necessary^^
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Trasd

Post by Trasd »

highend wrote:Same trackball, I'm using X-Mouse Button Control (http://www.highrez.co.uk/)
to use a double click on the thumb button, different scroll speeds for various applications, etc..
NO logitech drivers necessary^^
I might look into this, especially if it works with my favorite trackball, the Cordless Optical TrackMan (so popular, they go for about $250 USD each, last eBay check). I have 3 of them, but quit using them when the drivers (3rd party too, I thought) no longer worked with newer than XP systems.

But, I'd still like to get to the underlying issue.....
Trasd

"I'll tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." J. M.

highend

Post by highend »

But, I'd still like to get to the underlying issue
Which means, your mouse buttons are not recognized in XY but in every other application (on the Win 10 system)?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Trasd

Post by Trasd »

highend wrote:
But, I'd still like to get to the underlying issue
Which means, your mouse buttons are not recognized in XY but in every other application (on the Win 10 system)?
Sorry, no; only the Back and Forward buttons.
Trasd

Leito

Post by Leito »

No issue with my Logitech M500.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Good afternoon all,
Glad I searched the forum, I too have been experiencing this exact issue. Mouse button 4 and 5 (back and forward) on a Logitech G700 on Windows 10 goes back and forward 2 paths in the path/tree instead of one. This occurs both when I am inside of pane (in dual pane mode) and/or the tree on the left and press the button - jumps back or forward 2 "folders". This is happening on both machines. Same mouse, only difference is one machine has LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) installed and the other doesn't. The buttons work normally in other applications, e.g. Explorer, browsers, etc. Not sure why in XY is acts like a "double press".

I am going to do some more testing and troubleshooting and see if I can narrow something down.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Good afternoon,
After some more troubleshooting and testing, I was finally able to solve this issue for my particular setup. Inside LGS, I made a custom profile for XY (linked to the XY EXE) and remapped Mouse button 4 and 5 to Backspace and ALT+Backspace. When I click inside XY, LGS automatically enables the button mappings and when I click to something else, they go back to "Generic Back" and "Generic Forward".

Now inside XY, I can go up/back without any issue. This is most definitely a Logitech issue and not XY. I don't experience the issue in other apps, but while researching this, I see the same thing specific to Logitech for many, many other apps.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the info. Yes, Logitech issues are no surprise. It's the Adobe of mice... :biggrin: