Lost selection during copying

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
zer0

Lost selection during copying

Post by zer0 »

Something mysterious is causing loss of selection in an inactive tab. Basically, I do this:

1) Go to a tab, select some folders, click on another tab in the same pane and copy them over using TeraCopy.
2) At some point during this process, the original tab (source) loses selection of those folders for an unexplained reason, because I do not even visit that tab until the time I go back to it to check this erroneous behaviour occurs.

I initially noticed it after copies completed but now check during the copy process and it happens then too. I realise that's not a lot go do on, but not sure what further troubleshooting I can do. Bizarre! :shock:
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

highend

Re: Lost selection during copying

Post by highend »

Copy handler inside XY is...? Not TeraCopy?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

zer0

Post by zer0 »

highend wrote:Copy handler inside XY is...? Not TeraCopy?
Not sure if I understand the question...here's the visual confirmation:

Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10

highend

Post by highend »

And the same issue occurs when XY's internal copy handler is used?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

zer0

Post by zer0 »

highend wrote:And the same issue occurs when XY's internal copy handler is used?
Haven't tried it -- not a fan of how XYcopy handles copies to USB drives -- but struggling to see how choice of a copy handler could affect the selection, especially since TC just accepts a list of files XY wants it to copy.
Windows 7/10