Duplicated Tab on Startup

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
VeeGee

Duplicated Tab on Startup

Post by VeeGee »

Good evening all,
Using the latest release (lifetime). I have the dual-pane feature enabled. In the top pane I have 4 locked tabs - 2 paper folders and 2 normal folders. In the bottom pane I have 6 locked tabs. The last tab in the top pane points to my C:\Downloads folder. When I close XY and reopen, no matter which pane is active, the C:\Downloads tab is duplicated in the top pane (in an unlocked state) and the panel appears empty/solid white. Clicking off
of the pane and back refreshes it. I don't want this duplicated tab to show up. It only occurs if the last tab of the top is "active" when I close XY. If I have tabs 1-3 active, no duplicated tab. This also only occurs in the top pane, never the bottom and doesn't matter if the last tab is locked or unlocked.

Before and After PNGs attached.

Any ideas why the last tab is being duplicated ? I have also tried 'Tabsets' for both panes (saving/restoring) and the issue still occurs. I'm not sure what could be triggering the creation of the duplicate tab.

Thanks.
Attachments
Before.png
Before.png (4.21 KiB) Viewed 859 times
After.png
After.png (4.73 KiB) Viewed 859 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Duplicated Tab on Startup

Post by admin »

Interesting. But I fail to reproduce it. Or to understand it.

Is this peculiar to the Downloads folder?

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Good morning,
It appears that it only happens with the Downloads folder and only when I close XY with it selected/active. I added a new folder, closed XY, reopened and the new tab wasn't duplicated. I left that tab alone, selected the Downloads tab, closed XY, reopened and it was duplicated - screenshots below.

The Downloads folder (C:\Downloads) is set as the "system" default for downloads. This is a Windows 10 x64 (latest official build, all patches applied) workstation.

After a meeting this morning, I will try to reproduce the duplication with other system folders, e.g. C:\Music, etc. vs. normal folders.
Attachments
DownloadsProperties.png
DownloadsProperties.png (18.32 KiB) Viewed 831 times
DownloadsFolder.png
DownloadsFolder.png (5.5 KiB) Viewed 831 times
NewFolder.png
NewFolder.png (4.81 KiB) Viewed 831 times

highend

Post by highend »

What happens when you use only the 4 locked ones, move "Documents" to the rightmost position, keep it active,
close and open XY?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

I did as requested and had some interesting results. Documents is also a system folder which points to C:\Data\Documents. I moved 'Documents' to the right and closed XY. After re-opening XY, the tab was duplicated and was listed as the fully qualified path (see below).
Before.png
Before.png (4.13 KiB) Viewed 821 times
After.png
After.png (4.81 KiB) Viewed 821 times
I don't recall how I originally added 'Downloads' and 'Documents', but I removed them and manually added C:\Downloads and C:\Data\Documents, retried all the tests and no duplicate tabs occur. So it would appear that it only happens when a "system" folder is in the tab list and it doesn't happen when the fully qualified path is used.
Final.png
Final.png (4.44 KiB) Viewed 821 times

highend

Post by highend »

Are you sure that renaming these tabs can't reproduce the behavior?
So, rename the 3rd + 4th tab to "Documents" and "Downloads".
Activate "Downloads", exit + start
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal