Version 17.60 stops working

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
davidhelp

Version 17.60 stops working

Post by davidhelp »

Hello
I just installed XYplorer version 17.60 on my new installed of Windows 10 Home 64bit on my new ACER laptop.
It stops working when I go to Tools> Customize Toolbar
It will bring up the: "XYplorer has stopped working...." screen.

On my desktop pc I have version 17.40.0200 on Windows 7 Home 64bit and have no issues. Both pc's have 1920 x 1080 display resolution.
The difference is on Windows 10 I have a custom size option of 125% as everything is too small as Microsoft changed the display scaling compared to Windows 7. Many complaints posted at forums over this.

I wondered if it was the custom sizing in Windows 10 was the issue for the toolbar but after reverting back to 100% the same problem occurs.
I even installed version 17.40.0200 and have the same result.
Any ideas for the fix?

highend

Re: Version 17.60 stops working

Post by highend »

I even installed version 17.40.0200 and have the same result
Which is using your data folder for the settings from 17.60 now?

Then at least try to delete that folder (through File Explorer while XY is not running)
to see if this is a new issue with 17.60 that didn't exist in 17.40.0200
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

I use 175% scaling on Windows 10 Pro and not seeing this (with 17.60.0004).
  • Does it happen when you run XYplorer /fresh ?
    Does it happen right from the start, before you've made any other customizations to the toolbar?
    Did you previously copy over any data directory files from the desktop PC into the data directory on the laptop?
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

davidhelp

Post by davidhelp »

Hello
What is this data folder you write about?
I just installed the program for the first time on the new laptop.

"Which is using your data folder for the settings from 17.60 now?"

davidhelp

Post by davidhelp »

Hello
I did a search at google; xyplorer toolbar configuration stops working
It looks like this has been a problem for years.
https://www.google.com/#q=xyplorer+tool ... ps+working&*

As a workaround I copied the XYplorer.ini file from my Windows 7 pc to the Windows 10 pc from here:
C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer

I have the toolbar buttons I wanted.
Unfortunately I still have the same issue as before if go to the Tools> Customize Toolbar

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Don't think those older crash reports from google search are useful. The program undergoes improvement and maintenance continually and frequently, and some serious problems like this popup from time to time, but are usually only relevant for a short period of time. The data directory refers to the user-specific directory where XYplorer stores configuration settings, scripts, etc. See the menu item Go > Go to Application Data Folder.

So, confirm all the following,please:
  • 1. You are seeing this problem after a completely fresh install of the program on the laptop, without copying over any XYplorer related files from the desktop PC, correct?

2. Can you reproduce it reliably? Exactly what are you doing when the problem happens? Spell out each step. You mentioned toolbar customization, does the problem occur first time you go into toolbar customization, or after you configured some toolbar changes? If the latter, what changes did you do?

3. Have you tried running a fresh vanilla version of the program using this command line: xyplorer.exe /fresh and do you still see the problem?
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

davidhelp

Post by davidhelp »

1. You are seeing this problem after a completely fresh install of the program on the laptop, without copying over any XYplorer related files from the desktop PC, correct?
Answer: Yes See original post

2. Can you reproduce it reliably? Exactly what are you doing when the problem happens? Spell out each step. You mentioned toolbar customization, does the problem occur first time you go into toolbar customization, or after you configured some toolbar changes? If the latter, what changes did you do?
Answer: See original post

3. Have you tried running a fresh vanilla version of the program using this command line: xyplorer.exe /fresh and do you still see the problem?
Answer: Yes, you can also type in the address bar: fresh;
This will open a separate XYplorer window.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cannot reproduce any issue on 125%.

BTW, this dialog has recently been redesigned. Did you already test the current beta version?

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

@davidhelp: You have STILL not precisely confirmed whether you have the problem BEFORE or AFTER doing any toolbar customization on either a brand new install (without anything copied over from other PC) or with XYplorer /fresh. Don't leave it for people to assume any part of what you are doing.

highend

Post by highend »

@davidhelp: You have STILL not precisely confirmed whether you have the problem BEFORE or AFTER doing any toolbar customization on either a brand new install (without anything copied over from other PC) or with XYplorer /fresh. Don't leave it for people to assume any part of what you are doing.
Actually, he has...
I just installed XYplorer version 17.60 on my new installed of Windows 10 Home 64bit on my new ACER laptop.
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

highend wrote:Actually, he has...
No he has not. His statement only says it occurs when he goes into Toolbar Customization, not specifically whether this was the very first time he went into Toolbar Customization, or whether he did anything there or anywhere else in XYplorer before doing so. I don't assume from what he said above that in exactly 2 steps he #1 freshly installed, and then immediately, #2 went into Toolbar customization.

If he in fact did this, fine - I'm just asking that he state it unambiguously so I can be sure about what is going on. If that's too much to ask, I'll lend my assistance elsewhere in the forum, to people who CAN cooperate properly with those who try to help troubleshoot their problem.