File Selection - something is wrong after the update to 17.60

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
rito

File Selection - something is wrong after the update to 17.60

Post by rito »

Hi!

So far XYplorer worked great for me but since I updated to 17.60 this morning something is wrong...

1. After the update "Multiple Select" was enabled. I have not used it nor had it enabled it before the update. Took me a while to find it, but I managed to disable it ;)

2. After disabling "Multiple Select" I can no longer select groups of files. f.i. using two Shift-Left Mouse Clicks on two files does not select all the files between the two clicks, but only the last (second) file I clicked on. Strg-A works and selects all the files.

3.BUT: When I use Strg-A to select all files in a list and make right click on the list, only the one file I right-clicked is selected and the context menu opens. If I want to chose a file operation for ALL selected files I have to click anywhere (White space) in the tab to get the context menu.

Am I the only one with these problems?

admin
Site Admin

Re: File Selection - something is wrong after the update to 17.60

Post by admin »

Hi!

not sure I understand: If "Multiple Select" is enabled you get the standard functionality. So why did you disable it???

Don

rito

Post by rito »

With "Multiple Select" the standard (= MS File Eplorer) functionality does not return really.

f.i., I can select several files, but I cannot deselect them with a click on the white space - which bugs me most.

I have to deselect every single one with a click. If I deselect a bunch of files with unselected ones in between with Shift-Click, the selected files are deselected (YAY!), but the former deselected ones are now suddenly selected. That's a problem I can live with, but the deselection with one mouse click in the white space is really missing.

highend

Post by highend »

Show a screenshot of the expanded menu entry: Menu - Tools - Customize List
because I don't experience this issue with the current official 17.60 version...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

rito

Post by rito »

I just uninstalled xyplorer completely and reinstalled it again - the standard behaviour is back (even with "Multiple Select" enabled). Good!

So, the solution is a reinstall. No idea where the problem with the update came from...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hm, could it be you accidentally ticked this: Tools | Customize List | Sticky Selection ?

highend

Post by highend »

So, the solution is a reinstall
Nope. The solution would have been: Provide more information. See Don's post...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

rito

Post by rito »

admin wrote:Hm, could it be you accidentally ticked this: Tools | Customize List | Sticky Selection ?
As stated, I was too fast with my reinstall, but I just tried "Sticky Selection" and it showed exactly the behaviour I was moaning about. I must have enabled it without noticing or thinking...

So, no bug, but a user error on my side! Sorry for the false alarm!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

How long have you been using XY before your reinstall?

rito

Post by rito »

admin wrote:How long have you been using XY before your reinstall?
You mean between the update and the re-install? I downloaded and installed it at about 10 pm yesterday evening. I noticed, that something is not as it was before around noon today... so the computer was running for about 4 to 6 hours - I can't tell you how long I have been using XYplorer during this time.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, I meant how many months worth of configuration you threw away so light-heartedly by reinstalling the app? :)

rito

Post by rito »

admin wrote:No, I meant how many months worth of configuration you threw away so light-heartedly by reinstalling the app? :)
one or two months.. but I got lucky - I made a backup of the \AppData\Roaming\XYplorer\ folder a few days ago. I reinstalled XYplorer. Looked if everything was running normal. Closed the programm. Copied my backup into the AppData folder and so far everything is running fine.

Manchmal hat man eben Schwein ;)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So soll es auch bleiben!