Incorrect vertical scrollbar behaviour with huge list

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
jleeca

Incorrect vertical scrollbar behaviour with huge list

Post by jleeca »

I have a directory with many (34,051) sub directories. With this many items in the list, dragging the vertical scrollbar to the bottom end position doesn't change the contents of the list to the end of the list. This only happens if the list view has more than one columns of data in a row in the view.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Change to a directory with 40000 directories named from 00001.dir to 40000.dir.
2. Change view to large icons
3. Drag vertical scrollbar to the bottom end.

Expected result:
The list should show the last set of directories including 40000.dir.

Issue:
The list moves partially down but not to the end of the list. For example, directories of 1888.dir ~ 2388.dir is displayed although the vertical scrollbar is reached to the end (bottom).

Observations:
1 This bug is related to the width of the listview window. If I resize the xyplorer app to make it be very narrow in order to make the listview to display only one items on each row, then scrolling works fine.
2. If I resize the xyplorer app slightly wider to to make the listview to display two items on each row, then dragging the vertical scrollbar results the listview being updated with the middle of the directories so the last item displayed is 20000.dir
3. If I resize the xyplorer app more wider to to make the listview to display four items on each row, then dragging the vertical scrollbar results moving the listview to 1/4 position and the last item displayed is 10000.dir
4. Navigating the the listview with <CTRL>+<END> key always move the view to the end correctly.
5. The issue only happens with a large number of items in the list

admin
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect vertical scrollbar behaviour with huge list

Post by admin »

Holy moly, you are right!

Fix coming, thanks! :tup:

PS: Welcome to the club!