MDBU multiple selection

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
JLoftus

MDBU multiple selection

Post by JLoftus »

EDIT: I changed the title since this appears to be multiple selections of any file type

With either left mouse or right "sticky", when multiple files are selected, the first file is previewed.. This seems not logical, if there are multiple selections, it seems the more likely intent is for context menu or to drag.

Several times now, I've tried for a context menu on a set of multiple selection files and instead of getting the context menu, QAP begins...

Suggest either disable QAP on multiple selections or at least make that optional?
Last edited by JLoftus on 25 Jan 2017 14:37, edited 3 times in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: MDBU Audio Preview multiple selection

Post by admin »

:?

If MDBU on file icon is enabled you use the caption to get the context menu. It's been like this ever since.

But it's probably a misunderstanding since I also cannot reproduce your "the first file is previewed" issue.

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

Odd, you're saying if you have more than one audio file selected and you MDBU on the icon, you do not get preview?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I get the preview of that icon's file, just as expected.

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

OK so you ARE seeing the same behavior, when you have two audio files selected, using MDBU plays one... but that doesn't seem logical, how do you represent seeking in multiple files, or are you intending to preview them successively? Just seems not what should be expected.

I just confirmed you get the same behavior with JPG files.... select more than one, MDBU shows just the first one... shouldn't you just "ignore" MDBU if there is more than one object selected?

klownboy

Re: MDBU multiple selection

Post by klownboy »

The intension of MDBU or the new Audio Preview is to work on "the" file's icon or thumbnail under the mouse regardless of the number of files selected. That's why using MDBU does not affect the selection in any way and shouldn't and it doesn't work when you mouse down on the file's name.

I still think it would be great though if you could move on in the list to the next file by a mouse or keyboard action when you are in the blown up state, regardless of selections. Certainly many people wouldn't be needing Floating Preview or Full screen Preview if that was the case.
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

admin
Site Admin

Re: MDBU multiple selection

Post by admin »

No, I'm not seeing the same behavior ( "the first file is previewed" ).

MDBU is totally independent of any selections. Has always been like this and is one of its essential strengths.

So, all fine here.